DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you getting any Christmas goody’s for your drone 2018

This is more story.......
I don't fly with wifi on after my issues I turned it on
and you guy's were right ....since 2-30-19 DJI Go4app added 2 Updates (Security patches)
and I knew DJI was going to box me in YES they did.!

.........I have flown with a nexus7 (12Gigs) since day one (20 months)
Because DJI cashe all my pics and MOV I was maxed out.

so I cleared all my cache and got it down to 6Gig...
.Well DJI Updated
.................and Now (Never before)
when I lift off in my front yard Im now in a Class "B" air space thank you dji.!

I Beta tested Airmaps...I like it
steady eddie .
My issues with Airmaps is you must be hooked up to WiFi so Airmap can ask DJI to fly "Their" craft then you can disconect from WiFi and fly
airmaps is Solid no disconects...
Its the intitial wifi conect to ask DJI to fly "Their " craft I have a rub about.!
I flew on Go4app and had 1 disconect after update (exit GPS/atti mode)...I don't get it..But I'll take it
I did check my compass and IMU

So I now have option when I'm not feeling DJI Go4 app I will switch to Airmaps and have smooth flight
no disconects
....cR

This is My story part II
Out of town
I had to take dog to doctors today and bought an upgrade camera used (A6000)
for my upcoming "Cruise" RCCL Alaska
which landed me in the states capital Olympia Wa.
did the camera deal and knew one of my old boat was down in the city somewhere I went out to this water side park and found it an old ferrie Evergreen state 90 car ferrie built same yr I was born 1959
I wanted to say hello to the "Girls"
Rose and Nadene
Its private now and I would not allowed to board her but thanks to my mavic i can get as close to her as i could

The "Girls " 9 Cylinder Storks
(pictures not shot with mavic )

ROSE

Nadene

Their drive motor
1870HP X 2 sets 4 Total 3740HP

It didnot Pass me I was in our states capital.....
I little over 1.2 miles away ask me how I know Part III......cR

and will add I saw my future Mavic ... and I liked it

Last edited:
This is My story part II
Out of town
I had to take dog to doctors today and bought an upgrade camera used (A6000)
for my upcoming "Cruise" RCCL Alaska
which landed me in the states capital Olympia Wa.
did the camera deal and knew one of my old boat was down in the city somewhere I went out to this water side park and found it an old ferrie Evergreen state 90 car ferrie built same yr I was born 1959
I wanted to say hello to the "Girls"
Rose and Nadene
Its private now and I would not allowed to board her but thanks to my mavic i can get as close to her as i could

The "Girls " 9 Cylinder Storks
(pictures not shot with mavic )

ROSE

Nadene

Their drive motor
1870HP X 2 sets 4 Total 3740HP

It didnot Pass me I was in our states capital.....
I little over 1.2 miles away ask me how I know Part III......cR

and will add I saw my future Mavic ... and I liked it

Very cool Charlie! I can see why Nadene and Rose 's nine cylinders would make a ferry engineer's knees buckle! Glad to hear you are back in air! But, now we need to back up a post or two. Are you hinting that you got a new MP2Pro?

Edit: Oh wait a minute you said you saw your future Mavic. Wow thats quite a day, meet Nadene and Rose and your future mavic all in one day at the state capitol!

Last edited:
Thanks chipThumbswayup it’s not the sort of photo I’d hang on the wall, but love the architecture?

Now I would hang this one,

View attachment 67570

I took this a couple of months ago, love the fog and colour.

I think is another one of your best for sure! 67632This is like a perfect cinematic storm. Great composition, color (or colour if you prefer) Looks like it was one of those days where you should go through as many batteries and SD cards as you have in your possession and stay aloft shooting video and pics as long as you can. Keep up the good work. Cant wait to see some hyper lapse in near future! 67634

Nice post Charlie about the boat (ship) very interesting. So I take it you’re the engineer that looks after the heart of the vessel, the engine? So you work in the engine room, yeah?

As chip said, you little tease....... you’ve got yourself an M2P :D:D now following one of your threads a while back you did mention about getting a new drone, M2P/Zoom.

Don’t keep us in suspenders ? mnis does that a lot to us with parcels being delivered ?

who’s flying this weekend? Hopefully tomorrow for me, weather permitting.

Dad, remember 28467F74-4CE8-4FEB-BFAB-C5E4AC0BA160.jpeg this weekend. Looking forward to it but hope it’s gonna be more interesting than the last race?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice post Charlie about the boat (ship) very interesting. So I take it you’re the engineer that looks after the heart of the vessel, the engine? So you work in the engine room, yeah?

As chip said, you little tease....... you’ve got yourself an M2P :D:D now following one of your threads a while back you did mention about getting a new drone, M2P/Zoom.

Don’t keep us in suspenders ? mnis does that a lot to us with parcels being delivered ?

Yes I will have to say STDBY for "my story part III
I think you will like it

Porky
I came out in the Startrek thread.
my handle is charlie's Rig.
my middle name is Charles.

My beloved mother thought she would give my brother and my self sir names for middle names
My profession is marine engineer.
my first name is Scott
So..... Yes you guess it
My title is
Chief Engineer first officer Scotty
(30yrs)....
The kid's at work just call me Chief. Here please call me charlie......cR
One of "my kid's"
3rd officer jimmy

Attachments

• IMG_20171018_222809.jpg
    IMG_20171018_222809.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
who’s flying this weekend? Hopefully tomorrow for me, weather permitting.

Dad, remember View attachment 67642 this weekend. Looking forward to it but hope it’s gonna be more interesting than the last race?
Hamilton could only manage 3rd on the grid could make for a good race

Yes I will have to say STDBY for "my story part III
I think you will like it

Porky
I came out in the Startrek thread.
my handle is charlie's Rig.
my middle name is Charles.

My beloved mother thought she would give my brother and my self sir names for middle names
My profession is marine engineer.
my first name is Scott
So..... Yes you guess it
My title is
Chief Engineer first officer Scotty
(30yrs)....
The kid's at work just call me Chief. Here please call me charlie......cR
One of "my kid's"
3rd officer jimmy

Such a shame Charlie, oh I had sooooo many jokes Ready?:D?

Dad couldn’t believe it, just about to sit down and watch the qualifying, bloody “news” came on the telly and told me the F1 results

View attachment 67690

Gutted.....
so sorry son i thought you had seen it please forgive me

it was all about the red cars Hamilton just could not live with them today,BUT THE RACE IS ANOTHER MATTER

This is my story part III
You meet the nicest people Flying drones.!

So i'm out in this out of way park Nowereville in olympia Wa.
I just did a short Fly by with my mavic Pro1
and this Guy walks up carrying a mavic pro2
Todd ( marinaro).? from Oregon State. 8hr drive away from his home base

I asked all the question i had about his MP2 and he has these fancy pants Glasses
He does the Compass calibration dance While holding his MP2 and set it down and flys off.... I fly off .
...........and like we've been fly together he calls out his direction and Elevation I answer back my heading and elevation
the glasses were cool I could see getting them $400

you can see the capital in the foreground (Rotundra)

The take away about the mavic Pro2 It is heavier,quieter (then MP1) Longer flight faster MP2 just flat out runs MP1.
He stayed hooked up The whole time I lost connection twice(GPS/ATTI) drops @ 6100 feet and again 4900ft
Todd was able to go farther faster with his mavic then i could think about in my mavic

He says he's heading for the Rotondra I said i just came back but stop short he remark he's in the parking lot
so i have to go to do the same
Ripped from 4k video

Not many people I meet I like.!
talking with Todd was easy we had a common interest through our drones Trials and Tribulations two batterys later we were done and i had a long drive and like that it was over I Injoyed talking with todd
I had a good day.
Thank you DJI
.....cR
.....................................your Go4app ...sucks eggs

Last edited:
Charlie, great adventure, enjoyed all three parts! Im fascinated by Todd's fancy pants Glasses ?guessing they are Movierio BT-300 Drone FPV
They are supposed to give you the best of both worlds eye line of sight and FPV in layered image. Pricey though at $699! Same price as smart controller. Did you look through them by chance? Seems great in theory. Ive read on forum that some people love them while others less so. I volunteer mnis to pick up the DJI goggles and Movierio's and do a proper test comparison ?‍?so we can figure out which should go on Porky's 2019 Christmas List Director's Cut. :)

EpsonMoverio BT-300 Drone FPV Edition Glasses

Very nice story Charlie, nice readThumbswayup oh we thought it looked like you’d bought a mavic 2, wrong...... I’ve not come across any other drone pilot while flying my drone, yeah I bet that was cool flying with someone else. So you liked and by the sound of it rate the M2P, I can’t compair it to anything else other than my phantom and inspire, knocks spots of both of them.

Your photos, breath taking, love em;) and they were grabbed from a 4K vid, brilliant.

I’ve seen those glasses before, looked into them on this forum but didn’t know now they would be with someone wearing glasses, yep me..?

Blimey chip they are expensive, definitely not on my 2019 Christmas list, but they do look cool.

Yeah very expensive but I am curious about the whole FPV experience. The idea of layered heads up display is very intriguing to me BUT I have read so many mixed reviews. It looks to me like the guy is wearing glasses under the Movierios which manufacturer claims you can easily do so need for prescription lenses is not by itself deal killer. Have you ever tried FPV goggles or glasses? I have not experimented in this area at all.

I had a great today and flew a personal record 7.5 batteries in perfect conditions! ☀ I finally figured out how to remove M2Z lens cap so now I can mess with ND filters!

I was about ready to use a pair of these:

But saw a video where guy recommended wearing this and VOILA! Twisted right off! Could not believe it!
Love these little life hacks! Wish I had more!

Ok Porky and OMM its F1 trivia time! Who is the driver and what is the car? ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseboy