DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you getting any Christmas goody’s for your drone 2018

?, I wounded what that was in your second photo, now we know? good old water bottle or something like that...

good old water bottle or something like that...

Gee Porky, not giving me much credit...:confused: I took the pics at a fountain at the waterfront that looks like this (not my pic):

I could not just throw a bottle around for gosh sake. I had to work out mathematically down to
1/1000th of a second when water would shoot out the ground and then frame droplets so they looked
like they were shooting up out of the bay...lot of prep work in the lab on this one.

good old water bottle or something like that...

Gee Porky, not giving me much credit...:confused: I took the pics at a fountain at the waterfront that looks like this (not my pic):

View attachment 68610

I could not just throw a bottle around for gosh sake. I had to work out mathematically down to
1/1000th of a second when water would shoot out the ground and then frame droplets so they looked
like they were shooting up out of the bay...lot of prep work in the lab on this one.

View attachment 68613

Lmao..????? sorry ? I know you would of done all your calculations...... and even got the timing just right????

Thought you’d done something like this,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Or like this maybe...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I’ve only just got back from the wind farm, more light drizzle here. Gonna try again tonight......

Mnis, the vid and photos are brilliant, makes me even more determined to get a nice photo of them now[emoji6] weather, please behave.....
Yes [emoji201], I chose it for you, it should motivate you to do it better :)

Edit:
By the way, that's a good idea with the chips as an ID for Chip. And maybe we should all choose a suitable symbol.

A salami symbol for me, I would choose. Unfortunately I can not find a suitable symbol. "mnis" means something like: He was called salami :)

Hihi, there are a good selection of symbols for you Porky, but what is suitable for Charlie or OMM ?

Last edited:
Chip = ?
OMM = ?
Charlie = ? or ?
Me = ?or ?
Mnis = ?

Best one I could find ? for mnis...

Didn’t bother going back this afternoon/evening, weather very overcast. I’ll put on the back burner for now, maybe I’ll be lucky in the week. I’ll post the photo as soon as I’m successful ??

Mnis loved the spare blades photo, just gives you a bloody good idea how big they can be.

Meant to have more ? today, sulk, sulk...... what I’m gonna try and do is...
First off, Time lapse using my GoPro at the wind farm then I’ll see if I can edit it properly in post before I try it on my drone.

I’ve only got imovies to edit vids, worth a go though?

The hot dog is OK for me, looks delicious :)
I love to eat self-made hot dogs :)

Yesterday, around sunset, I flew two 2 year old M1P batteries on one of my favorite places. The weather was excellent but due to unforeseen events I was traveling too late. Unfortunately it got dark very fast and the videos are not nice to look at.

I had also selected D-Log, and that's kind of a bad idea if the videos are not going to be reworked. But flying was a lot of fun because I finally got to try one of my two sets of orange Master Airscrews. I was so surprised that my Mavic was almost nailed to the air, which I had not expected and had not experienced before. There was no gimbal shake, and no other noticeable negative effects.
20190408_140903.jpg
Slowly I checked the reactions to control commands, the Mavic responded promptly and reliably. So I quickly gained confidence in the MAS propellers, and flew some nice courses. I was also amazed at the old Mavic batteries, it was a good 21/22 minute flight time down to 30% remaining capacity. The MAS are much quieter than the DJI-8330F of the Mavic Pro, and almost as quiet as the DJI-8331F of the Mavic Pro Platinum, but much more stable than both DJI variants.

Of course, it was not a scientific test, only my subjective perception, but I have completely convinced the MAS ...

In general, I seem to have a lot of luck with my old Mavic so far. All five of my old batteries are obviously still in good condition. Each battery has reached about 50 charging cycles, and so far there are no obvious negative changes. Also, my relatively new three aftermarket batteries from Powerextra work perfectly, at least as far as I can tell.

And finally, the Mavic is very tolerant of all my experiments with the different propellers. So it seems like I'm doing some right, and would be spared from all the mischief reported here.

But luck is temporary, so keep your fingers crossed, and keep good hope ...

Today it has become a bit windier, but for flying, the weather is still good enough, I think.

Friends, I wish you happy flying, good weather and good luck ...

Last edited:
Liked your post and would like to add.....
The MAS props are wonderfull in every aspect except one.

Be careful they are very fragile
Personal own 3 broken sets and
Now fly the mpp props
Because They take a beating.!
That being said I flew last night
On airmap 20 minutes
No GPS drops steady and stable with
No other issues except still
.familiarizing myself with that app
(no sport mode.?)

....cR

Glad your props are ok ? it’s nice to see they are doing what you thought they would, good job. But it was interesting what ? said about them so just be careful?

Did you get any nice stills/video last night? Did you try using your filters?

Weather for tomorrow is again poor, more rain and a bit chillier than today so no flying for me.

Last edited:
That being said I flew last night
On airmap 20 minutes
No GPS drops steady and stable with
No other issues except still
.familiarizing myself with that app
(no sport mode.?)

Glad all went well charlie, so what do you think the previous problem was, any idea?

I’ve never used “sports mode” don’t think I ever will unless in an emergency but who knows?

.taken 40ft above water with my grey market phone (ZTE)
I'm 95% sure the go4app
Is not happy so I upgrade again and again but doesn't get better.?
This airmap seem to be
Less sketchy after you initiate the app through wifi
There are a number of thing I wish I could change on Mavic .
but for right now
Being able to fly out 5000ft
Without gps drop makes me happy.
Down the road I'm optimistic thing will get better (wink wink)

I limit my sports mode activity to get to and or from the outer limit of my flight zone or a shot.

I now set my battery low level to 30% and would like to tell you
I'm a much cautious flyer
(I'm not) and this time of year I'm out in the sh## weather don't post pics because not quality
I landed last night as soon as I put my bird on the charger the weather cleared up and the "Golden hour" turned glorious
Around 8:30 as I headed off to bed
....cR

Last edited:
Love the photo charlie? my favourite little workhorse. Ive just been looking at the two ships on the net I used to watch when I was a piglet many years ago with my dad, both coming up the Thames estuary followed by the little tugs.

One was called methane progress and the other, methane princess. I used to watch these all the time and got so excited watching them moor up at Canvey island gas works. Sad I know but when you’re a piglet, anything excites you at that age?

Blimey, 5000ft... not taken mine out that far “yet” think I’ve only gone about 4 odd thousand ft but no doubt I’ll push mine more in the not to distance future.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cobra443