DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you getting any Christmas goody’s for your drone 2018

Now just a little message, because I am already too tired for a detailed report :)

I was yesterday by bicycle almost 28 miles on the road, mainly to visit a friend, but also to discover new interesting Places to fly. It was again a sunset tour, and on the way I took a break to take a picture ...

A picture especially for you @Porky [emoji201]:

Attachments

• 20190408_185357-01.jpeg
    20190408_185357-01.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20190409_015450.jpg
    20190409_015450.jpg
    902 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
They’re really nice ? see everyone is now taking turbine photos apart from little ol me? my time will come. Did you find some nice flying areas ??

I’ve just found this on instagram, looks like ? and ? have another flying buddy?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This person has some cracking photos of the boat yard.

What is this "Instagram" you peak of ?
I'm going to go out on a limb here
And say those pic's were not shot with a MP1
I would kill to find out how much he paid for that Editing software
Because he's has some in the post edit area....
....cR

I know it was taken with a drone, what model, don’t know. Yeah I’m a member on Instagram, hence why I’ve posted some of those maritime photos. You really do see some breath taking photos people have taken with their drones, very interesting ??

Edit, sorry... Instagram is a photo/vid sharing social media platform?

Great news OMM
Will be back soon I'm way overdue for some of his wisdom.!
.pork I just looked up instagram
It a real thing.
I thought it was for the youngster to post "blue"
type (n**es) photos because they can't be seen by others?
I didn't know....
....cR.
Tried to fly Mavic last night
Would not connect up with controller.?
No flight.

Great news OMM
It a real thing.
I didn't know....
....cR.
No flight.
Hihi...What is Instagram?
This question could have come from me :)

@CharliesRig [emoji925]...
Just like Porky [emoji201], I never used Sport mode and would only use it in an emergency situation. As far as I can remember, I only flew once in Sport mode for this special AHA experience and never again :)

I had already guessed that the MAS could break faster if it came into contact with obstacles. As always, I will be very careful in handling and flying with MAS. Basically, I use all my technical toys with care, sometimes too cautiously :)

During all my flights with the M1P, there were only a few, in fact two unpleasant situations:

Once the Go4 Android app crashed, and I had no live image half way. It was on one of my first flights, and I quickly panicked until I finally realized what was happening. Restarting the app or smartphone was all I had to do. But admittedly, at that time I did not know the drone regulations exactly. My MP was actually over 3 miles away from his home point, somewhere over the ocean, and that provided an extra dose of thrill. Immediately after this, I became a cautious and responsible drone pilot :)

Then at some point there was a really bad update for Go4 on Android, and then the live image did not work reliably anymore. I've been using one and the same Galaxy Note 4 exclusively for my M1P since the beginning, so I thought only this Go4 update was the cause of the problem. Many weeks later, a new Go4 update solved the problem and everything worked as usual...

With the exclusive smartphone for my M1P, I always use offline maps to fly. WiFi, Bluetooth and the mobile network are disabled...

[emoji925] I do not understand exactly what problems you have with the Go4 App and your MP, but perhaps extreme (temporary) disturbances of GPS reception are the real problem. GPS problems are here mainly near the sea. I suspect there are just a lot more sources of interference there. In rural areas I have never had GPS interference...

We have a lot of flat and sparsely populated land around our Flensburg Fjord. It is almost as rural as where OMM [emoji69] lives, but we certainly do not have equally beautiful panoramas :)

There is almost no industry here, and the nearest big city is about 50 miles away. So there are many small farms, wind parks and solar parks just a few miles away from our home. We live about 164 feet above sea level and about 2.5 miles away from our city center. The nearest beach is also about 2.5 miles away. Our city Flensburg is located on the border with Denmark, and counts about 80,000 souls...

@Porky [emoji201]...
Yeah, I found some good places to fly. There are many areas with old churches, real mills, streams, lakes and other interesting locations within easy reach:)

The rain has disappeared for a few days and we have relatively much sunshine with little cloud cover. But we always have cold gusts of wind, so I do not like to think about flying...

There is much to discover, but there are nature reserves and no-fly zones everywhere. I also have to check if I'm allowed to fly near the discovered wind parks...

Yesterday at noon I began to write these lines. In between, there were many small events that prevented me from bringing it to an end...

And what a coincidence Porky [emoji201]... You asked about my filters, and a DHL deliverer handed me my new six-part Mavic filter set, which I had only expected many days later...
20190409_163824.jpg
At the moment I can only say to the new filters that they look very high-quality and have an ingenious holding mechanism...
Screenshot_20190409-221558_eBay.jpg
As always, I start experimenting with the UV filter. As a painter of forestry machinery with decades of experience, I should actually know what effect light has on colors, but changing filters to match the lighting conditions is a bothersome thing for me :)

And no...When I tried the MAS I made only video recordings, but it was already too dark and the recordings were useless...

Oh, I love the crisp shots from the tugs, cargo ships and industrial docks. But as I mentioned, there is hardly any industry left, by the sea here. Really big ships we have not seen for a long time. For similar shots, I would have to travel a few miles...

Yeah Porky [emoji201]... You'll probably be able to make your crisp shots of the wind turbines soon, because the weather will not always be bad :)

My long walks and bike rides robbed me of a lot of strength, so yesterday was a rest day for me :)

Last edited:
The Drama continues...
I could not connect with one of my batterys#2
I installed #3..Conected up
And down graded
from 1 04.500
To 1.04.100
1 hr later and 3 restarts
On the latest Go4app
I few for 18 minutes1800ft out
Hovered well in high winds no drops my nerves have eased
Hit The RTH with no toilet bowl effect I'm cautiously optimistic
.....cR
....IMG_20190409_195020.jpgIMG_20190409_194927.jpg

Heard from View attachment 68934 today, should be out of hospital this Friday all going well. So should be back here and flying at the weekend.????
Great news!

Check out Mr. Happy Feet, a Welsh seagull from Swansea!

Great news OMM
It a real thing.
I didn't know....
....cR.
No flight.

I’ve only just recently joined instagram, a member on this forum mentioned it to me so I thought I’d take a look and liked what I saw. If you like taking photos and sharing them with people, that the place to be. No it’s not just for youngsters, it caters for everyone, young and old. It nice to see if other people like your photos, I quite enjoy it. Also it give you some nice ideas about taking different sorts of pics. There’s so many boat/ship ones on there hence why I posted some to show you guys.

I wonder what’s going on the your connection problem charlie, I’m no expert so can’t really give you any more things to try, might be worth starting up a thread about your problem and seeing what other people suggest.

? you didn’t do one of your quizzes about a parcels delivery, I guessed it, filters?????

You’ll have to let us know how you get on with them. I think with my grad filters I’ll only use them mainly for sky/foreground shots but again I’m still experimenting with them?? glad you found some new spots to fly, take normal photos. The rapeseed in the farmers fields has started to bloom here so that should be a nice colourful photo, also looking forward to getting some of those shots too?

Pork ya I could make a new post
.....Im just not in the mood to get Burned in the comments.!

....It is strange about #2 battery
I had just used it a few days ago
I'll just plug my bird in and see if I can sync up it's firmware .?
Pork you mention a few post when I said flown mavic out
5000ft (1 mile)
I don't think that's unreal the MP1
Is advertised as a 4 mile bird
My home is located on a small penisilla to see new sights it's all out 5000 ft every directions ....

After 2 yrs I believe all my neighbor are weary of my bird.

Here's a picture I took from the other side
....cR

Last edited:
Charlie, you’ll get it sorted, one way or the other. It’s just a bummer when something starts misbehaving and you can’t sort it out.

I know the MP1 has that sort of distance, very similar to the M2 but all I was saying is I just ain’t got the balls to take mine out that far... might do in the future but as it stands, only about 4 odd thousand ft.

Looks like you have a cracking flying place there, you’re a very lucky chap?

...Here's a picture I took from the other side...cR

Great pic Charlie! Way off in distance you can see where I took some of my pics.

Looks like “all at Charlie’s” for the members bbq this year,

Yes, I can vouch this is great place for a party! Ive been to a few in this bay before! I am thinking the menu should include:
?????. And shishkebabs. Love shishkebabs!

Great pic Charlie! Way off in distance you can see where I took some of my pics.
View attachment 69077

Yes, I can vouch this is great place for a party! Ive been to a few in this bay before! I am thinking the menu should include:
?????. And shishkebabs. Love shishkebabs!
View attachment 69078

You guys, ? & ? really don’t live to far from each other, but that looks like a cracking place to fly??

Right... taste buds have gone mental seeing those kebabs ?

Oh I do enjoy a good bbq??

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roland Brian