DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you happy with Mavic Air FW .0500?

Who is happy with FW .0500 in their Mavic Air?

• Total voters

InvisibleName

Reactions
I've installed FW .0500 and am totally happy with it after 3 batteries worth of test flights

Reactions: Seanjo
I had updated my MA sunday morning and after that i went flying near Alkmaardermeer (Netherlands) because of my limited time i flew just on 2 battery’s

First one flew about 12 min in total, just did some nearby flights and went as far ad 1000m.

On the second battery l did a distance test, flew in total 10min and went as far as 3000m.

With both flights i did not have any issues at all. Will test it further, i hope this week but untill now all positive

Reactions: kei888
I updated my MA yesterday and flew 2 batteries. No issues what so ever.

3 batteries yesterday using galaxy s8 active and galaxy 4 tablet no issues at all

2 batteries burned yesterday. No issues. All good. Tomorow morning more test is coming....

I have had nothing but a great experience with the upgrade. 4 batteries Monday, 2 Tuesday and 3 today. I live in Alaska so I was taking advantage of the decent weather here! Everything went well, needed compass calibration the first time after upgrade, but none since. My favorite item is the controller being able to adjust exposure up to .7- to .7 plus EV As I have never had major problems with updates the exposure adjustment to me is a most valuable add-on.
EDIT: 1 click at at a time and you can go from -3.0EV to plus 3.0EV. I like to shoot in manual mode and this is like being able to change N.D. filters in flight. I am actually more of a photographer than a pilot so this comes with great welcome from me! This was a feature I knew I was not going to get with the air as apposed to the pro, but now it is here and I am so pleased with DJI.....

Last edited:
I installed and had a wild gimble and yaw reaction that nearly crashed the drone. I did an emergency RTH which worked although it missed the home point by several hundred feet. I went back to 4 then up to 5 again along with a IMU calibration. So far it seems fine, if it continues as is I will just stay here until hell freezes over.

I've installed FW .0500 and am totally happy with it after 3 batteries worth of test flights
Same here. Did three flight on 3 batteries...2 of the flights went out my MA about 1.5 miles and back no problems....only notice a max motor speed a few times flying in sport mode. But all good here.

Reactions: kei888
Is that the C1 button on the top right of the remote or the fn button? I didn't know about this, is this a new feature? Do you know where it's documented?
Its new with FW .0500 & doumented in the Release Notes

Thank you for helping info re wheel and button control. I did not have 500 install Ed. Now all is just ok. kacerbar

Is that the C1 button on the top right of the remote or the fn button? I didn't know about this, is this a new feature? Do you know where it's documented?

Thank you for helpful info kacerbar

How do you exactly use the wheel it only tilts gimbal on csmera?
You have press and hold the right lower button i think its C1 and move the camera gimbal at the same time. keep holding the C1 button untill you find the correct exposure setting you want

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest