DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Arizona Cactus

Mavic Mac

Reactions
This was my first foray into filming with my MA. I did not use any filters for the filming. Like all endeavors you must start somewhere to learn and improve. Comments and constructive criticism appreciated.

IMHO, I realize the panning needs to be even slower – this was slowed 50% from original speed.

Arizona Cactus
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cool environment.
The cactus shots were interesting.

(Edit for below para, saw above you slowed it 50%, do the yaw / gimbal adjustments and it will be much smoother for you.)
But what happened between 0:32 and 2:00 ?
Looked like you might have yawed far too fast and you slowed in in post editing ?
Maybe avoid that, light touch on the stick(s) or slow down the yaw movement in settings to help keep it slower.
I adjusted my yaw speed to the lowest setting 1 (I think), and also knocked gimbal speed down about half.

Another member has made some nice vids on the Arizona desert cactus, was sort of special TV screen saver type production . . .

Last edited:
Cool environment.
The cactus shots were interesting.

(Edit for below para, saw above you slowed it 50%, do the yaw / gimbal adjustments and it will be much smoother for you.)
But what happened between 0:32 and 2:00 ?
Looked like you might have yawed far too fast and you slowed in in post editing ?
Maybe avoid that, light touch on the stick(s) or slow down the yaw movement in settings to help keep it slower.
I adjusted my yaw speed to the lowest setting 1 (I think), and also knocked gimbal speed down about half.

Another member has made some nice vids on the Arizona desert cactus, was sort of special TV screen saver type production . . .
Thanks for reply and input.
Your correct about that. The section between 0:32 and 2:00 is the section in editing that I slowed down by 50% from filming speed.

I am positively in the learning stage and really do appreciate the input !

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
This was my first foray into filming with my MA. I did not use any filters for the filming. Like all endeavors you must start somewhere to learn and improve. Comments and constructive criticism appreciated.

IMHO, I realize the panning needs to be even slower – this was slowed 50% from original speed.

Arizona Cactus
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Enjoyed it! Is that on Hwy 87 on the way to Payson?

Enjoyed it! Is that on Hwy 87 on the way to Payson?
Yes it was - stopped on my to Mesa coming down from Albuquerque. First time I have been in that country and needed a break to get out and stretch the legs. Thought the cactus was perfect to try my hand at filming. Thankfully the MA didn't get hung up on one of them :eek:

I can smell tequilla!!! :)

very beautiful scenery. try to make smooth movements with the cotroller so that you dont need to slow down your footage. plan ahead before you take off yur flight plan. in this way your movements wuld be more precise and accurate! Hope i helped you!

I REALLY APPRECIATE the input and those of you that took time to view the video - and a BIG thanks to those that subscribed to our YouTube channel ! ❤

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnhernandez