DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Arm loose when folded?

Hello,
Same for me. My rear left arm is little wobbly.
This does not seem to affect flight performance. But I'm agree, This is not normal on a machine of 1000 euros...

About a week ago, noticed this on my new Mavic pro too, so dropped into my local Best Buy, the two Mavic pros on display had a bit of a wobble on rear arms when in "folded" mode, when set to fly, all were tight.
Sales guy pulled out 2 more Mavics, & samething, when folded for travel, slight wobbles

I'm a bit of a perfectionist and things like this bothers me specially for something so expensive. I'm having the same issue but I guess I'm not the only one and so this little annoyance is a norm. Thanks to all your post, I at least feel a little better.

Reactions: Vicheka
Hi everyone!

I just received my Mavic Pro and noticed that the left arm (when looking at the belly of the drone) is slightly loose/wobbly compared to the right one when folded in. When extended it pops out and is fixed tightly with spring tension.

The arm also tends to drop down onto the table when set down without the props in place (as apposed to the other staying up).

Is this normal, do other owner's have the same thing? I've experienced in the past this type of thing is usually just a design flaw or what not, and exchanging it sometimes reveals the same problem over again, yet at the same time want to get it fixed in my exchange window if it really is a problem...

Anyone chime in? Many thanks! Also attached a picture for clarity.

33120926231_97926ce053_o.jpg
mavic_arm[/url] by Tandenes, on Flickr[/IMG]

I actually noticed this on mine as well. As long as the arms firm in the up right position, this drone should be bitchn

Been having the same issue with the wobbly arm... but over 200 flights on, it still flies rather well. But its not so encouraging to see only one wobble, the other not!

The important thing is that the arms are fully locked when extended. That's where they are when you are flying. Mine has the exact same thing when folded. It's all about the stops for when the arms are extended. The Mavic will still fly "normally", even if you retract one of the arms a bit.

Yeah, bothered me at first (my Mother always told me not to pick at the scab:D), but a little research on the forums, and check another couple units from store and friends, not concerned about it at all. Only when they are extended is the important position.

Interesting I recently bought a mavic pro off ebay since it was such a good deal. It has the same issue. It appears to be brand new with no flight time and the software says built in Nov of 2017. The main reason I noticed the looseness is because I already own a mavic pro, bought in 2016 when they first came out. That one does not have the looseness issue and is still as tight as when I bought it even after several flights and foldings. Anyway the new one seems fine when unfolded so I still think I got a pretty good deal on a spare Mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent