DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Artillery Battery "Memel - Nord"

Proffy

Reactions
It was pretty rough. Footage was taken during a storm time. Wind speed was 20 - 60m/s. I was afraid to loose drone any moment, so I try to avoid filming from sea view :) Anyway, everything ended successfully, but I have to crop a lot of frames, where drone was littered with wind. Hehe :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

German fortifications, and 105mm cannon barrel.

105-cm45-skc32-2_kanon.jpg

Although it could be their infamous 88mm thrown in there for effect, which is what I thought it was when I first saw it.

Good job in the wind, you're not flying a mini, but an M2P yeah ?

Reactions: MKurr and Proffy
German fortifications, and 105mm cannon barrel.

105-cm45-skc32-2_kanon.jpg

Although it could be their infamous 88mm thrown in there for effect, which is what I thought it was when I first saw it.

Good job in the wind, you're not flying a mini, but an M2P yeah ?

Woach! Nice find! Yeah, looks familiar and thanks for the feedback!

I fly with Mavic Air, it's pretty good against wind. Just need to keep in mind about back route. Not to fly against wind. :) Once I got stuck, but found a solution, flying diagonally. Thanks there was enough battery.

Are you flying with mini? How its control during a windy times?

I fly with Mavic Air, it's pretty good against wind.

Are you flying with mini?

Yes, the Air is a pretty good drone, maybe the reasonable weight of the body, but smaller size than the larger Mavics, works in its favour.
My Brother in law has an Air and I am always impressed with how it flies.

I fly (mostly) an M1P, my first love drone lol, and think I'll fly it until it drops from the sky, worn out, or I do something silly and crash it.
(Or it gets bricked one day with new legislation.)

I also have a Spark, which is a really fun drone to fly, it's tough as nails, and it takes pretty good video and photos too.
Generally, I take this travelling general with air flights, when I drive anywhere it's the M1P I fly, though the Sparks comes along as a back up.

In the early release, I was seriously looking at the mini for travels, but now I think it's too buggy and what if I was somewhere the Spark could fly, and it was just too dangerous with wind for the mini, it'd be a shame not to be able to trust the drone in wind, or its systems.

Reactions: Proffy
Yes, the Air is a pretty good drone, maybe the reasonable weight of the body, but smaller size than the larger Mavics, works in its favour.
My Brother in law has an Air and I am always impressed with how it flies.

I fly (mostly) an M1P, my first love drone lol, and think I'll fly it until it drops from the sky, worn out, or I do something silly and crash it.
(Or it gets bricked one day with new legislation.)

I also have a Spark, which is a really fun drone to fly, it's tough as nails, and it takes pretty good video and photos too.
Generally, I take this travelling general with air flights, when I drive anywhere it's the M1P I fly, though the Sparks comes along as a back up.

In the early release, I was seriously looking at the mini for travels, but now I think it's too buggy and what if I was somewhere the Spark could fly, and it was just too dangerous with wind for the mini, it'd be a shame not to be able to trust the drone in wind, or its systems.

How’s M1P film quality?! Is it better then Mavic Mini?

Yeah, exactly I choose Air to travel along with me during the flights. It’s also no need special approvement from the visited country (Greece or something), last summer we went on Corfu, and I get all the approvements from air control and police. ))) Now I’m waiting for M3P but still plan to trip in flights with Air

How’s M1P film quality?! Is it better then Mavic Mini?

M1P is 4k, but as with all Mavics (but the M2P Hasselblad), the sensor size is it's limiting factor.
The old saying "if you know your equipment and its limitations, you can do good work with it" applies.

So far, I have always shot 1080, fine that fine for my needs right now, maybe one day when editing deeper, or wanting to play on larger screens etc, I'll start shooting 2.7 or 4k.

Hopefully your new Euro rules from mid year will bring an ease for you when moving around filming, not so much trouble getting approvals in other countries hopefully.

Reactions: Proffy
M1P is 4k, but as with all Mavics (but the M2P Hasselblad), the sensor size is it's limiting factor.
The old saying "if you know your equipment and its limitations, you can do good work with it" applies.

So far, I have always shot 1080, fine that fine for my needs right now, maybe one day when editing deeper, or wanting to play on larger screens etc, I'll start shooting 2.7 or 4k.

Hopefully your new Euro rules from mid year will bring an ease for you when moving around filming, not so much trouble getting approvals in other countries hopefully.

Yeah, Hasselblad rocks!

Didn't heard about new Euro rules?! :O Have you got the link?! :) Here in Latvia I have passed quiz exam and practical exam to get a pilot license

The test etc you did is a hobbyist licence ?
That may give you the ok to just fly under whatever new rules are brought in.

Yes, looks like I already got the license. :) But if I want to do out of sight flights I have to get approval from Civial Aviation Agency, providing them with flight plans

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodstock777