DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Astonishing and scary data collection by DJI

all my tablets are non cellular.........so how would they get said information ?????

BINGO!!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>""got nothing to hide""....................like i flew over a farm and some guy showed up yelling and screaming.........WACO ??

Reactions: Qaazar
Even if you do not upload your logs it has been shown that if you have an active internet connection while flying all your flight data was sent live to numerous servers.

Yep, and that's why recently I made sure, I am not sending any data back to DJI.
Funny stuff, had quite a few problems with app recently (video getting messed up, app freezing, etc.) and they are gone since connections got blocked.

memory hogs,,,,,,,,,,i had same thing.......DJI was saying my sd card was issue..........the way the drones are wired, camera to SD to antenna

It was mentioned in the beginning of the thread that this was all to do with the DJI Assistant program - is it just that? I have never used it, never seen the need..

It was mentioned in the beginning of the thread that this was all to do with the DJI Assistant program - is it just that? I have never used it, never seen the need..
App itself as well, it connects to loads of different servers when phone is online.

Whats so ridicoulus about us not being able to prove it to you?
Several people in this thread have seen the code, have seen the output from data sniffers and are telling you the same thing.
You know that if we show you the code we will certainly see this thread disappear and face the possibility of getting booted from the group that's doing the work.

You yourself know that guys are working with the code and have released many results that people are using today. So why is it so hard to believe that along the way they have uncovered tons of stuff including what we have told you?

If you don't care about it and it's not a problem for you then that's one thing, but flat out denial it exists because you have not been privy to the details just seems extreme.

Rob

giphy.gif

Reactions: PDXteriors
"I have nothing to hide so no big deal"
There is a great deal of distance between "I have nothing to hid so no big deal" and a Chinese company data mining my digital life through my suav without my permission or even my knowledge. Perhaps I would be okay with DJI collecting data logs on how I flew so they could develop a more customer ready aircraft for next release, and perhaps I am not ok with DJI collecting all of my usernames, passwords and account names with facebook, my bank or twitter.

Reactions: Gary cato
I have concerns about uploading my flight data to the DJI cloud and did not do it so far. Does anyone fell the same or is it just me?
I did a few times in the beginning but stopped. I know they collect the data from the drone. That's the main reason I don't do it.

You are already on a map Fearless .
I received a message from a friend from here after I sent him
a package and he kidded me about me working in the yard.
Then he showed me a picture and sure enough there I was pushing a wheel barrow .Looked like he had took it from across the road I mean and he lives in NY .
Google Earth street view .
Just saying .

Reactions: Blades
You are already on a map Fearless .
I received a message from a friend from here after I sent him
a package and he kidded me about me working in the yard.
Then he showed me a picture and sure enough there I was pushing a wheel barrow .Looked like he had took it from across the road I mean and he lives in NY .
Google Earth street view .
Just saying .
I think we're all aware of that and that's really why I'm not too concerned about the Mavic doing so much mapping.

Google seems much more dangerous since most of it's satellite based. Anyone can go look at sensitive military installations anytime they like.

Whats so ridicoulus about us not being able to prove it to you?
Several people in this thread have seen the code, have seen the output from data sniffers and are telling you the same thing.
You know that if we show you the code we will certainly see this thread disappear and face the possibility of getting booted from the group that's doing the work.

You yourself know that guys are working with the code and have released many results that people are using today. So why is it so hard to believe that along the way they have uncovered tons of stuff including what we have told you?

If you don't care about it and it's not a problem for you then that's one thing, but flat out denial it exists because you have not been privy to the details just seems extreme.

Rob
Well, first and foremost I suppose I should be clear that I really do not care what they are collecting from me. Ever use Google?? You really think DJI is the first company to collect information from their users??

So I don't care.

But my point was that cramming a post full of vague comments about what DJI MIGHT be doing or and saying that basically NO details are available is pretty much worthless.

And on top of that I'm truly tired of all the tin foil hats around here. It's running this place into the ground to be honest. I rarely visit any more because 90% of the little bit of time I DO spend here is spent rolling my eyes.

No need to visit "firmware and software development" if it distresses you.
Stay away and continue to chat about nd filters, whitch bag to buy etc.
Stuff that's easy on your eyes. Let others handle the serious things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robbyg
Turnerm maybe you should try getting into a place that has the actual data and puts up photos to prove it.

Anyway I have a serious issue with a company who sells me a product and then has

My full name and address
My credit card number
My exact location in realtime during the weekends.
Photos or video of what I am doing.
My Facebook account login info
My YouTube login
Where I have flown.
A list of apps that are on my phone.
Access to photos on my phone.

I can't think of another company I have purchased something from that has even 50% of this info on me and this one has my Data in China!! The second biggest land of freaking hackers, what if DJI gets hacked?

Rob

Last edited:
You seem to be pretty careless for someone who's all that concerned about privacy.. providing your actual CC, linking apps to FB/YT.. you're giving them all your data on a silver plate. If you check the permissions for a lot of the apps you have on your phone (I assume) you will be surprised what they have access to, some without any reason at all.

And the fact that the company is based in China... not like the NSA doesn't already have all the data anyway already but I'm sure they would never ever use it against you.. ;)

I'm not saying what they do is is any way OK but it's also in no way surprising or exceptional... I chose to accept it as a fact of using modern technology, I am an insignificant pawn so it's not like they'll get any useful intelligence from my account anyway...

Reactions: c36steve
Well yes since China is gathering the info and they are a semi hostile country towards the USA. With ambitions of replacing the USA as the global leader.

Rob
Take a long thought about replacing the US as the global leader. They have a billion three hundred million people. We have three hundred million. The rate of geniuses in any given population is roughly two percent. That means they have twenty-six million geniuses to our six million. We have priced our education system so high that many can't go to college. They will take their people to any education level that they can qualify for. They're gonna kick our *****.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne