DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Atlanta checking in...

Its a thought but its not feasibly at this moment. I'd lose too much money trying to sell the MP and then trying to buy the rest of the kit for the P4P.

The main thing for me about the P4P is the 20mp cam for cropping when I can get too close to my subject. But Ive done some cropping of the Mavic photos and theyre not bad by any means.

Have you flown a P4P and shot with it? I have both and the Mavics picture quality, for my purposes, is not that inferior to the P4P especially in daylight. Low light the P4P is much better.

Have you looked at the new P4 Advanced?

katdrone-1 2.jpg
Have you flown a P4P and shot with it? I have both and the Mavics picture quality, for my purposes, is not that inferior to the P4P especially in daylight. Low light the P4P is much better.

Have you looked at the new P4 Advanced?

I havent flown a P4P. I have a lot of stick time with racers and Yi action cams tho lol.

I think youre probably right that the Mavic is fine for my purposes too. I was scoping new spots today to shoot and I took a few practice shots. This pic was cropped pretty decently and its still sharp enough. I want to be able to print at least 13x19 with reasonable sharpness. Im not honestly entertaining getting one. I think the Mavic's portability is a big plus for me as I have a few trips abroad later this year. One is a hike to the Everest base camp in Nepal:D

Whats the highest ISO you think I can get away with for the Mavic?

Marietta - East Cobb checking in. I've made a few short flights over the Chattahoochee near the river parks in Roswell. Looking for more nearby places to fly...

Checking in from Conyers but I am frequently in the Athens, Marietta, McDonnough, Covington area. Basically, I'm all over the place. I'm in for a meetup whenever.

-Mike
I'm in Conyers too... Near the Horse Park
Checking in from Conyers but I am frequently in the Athens, Marietta, McDonnough, Covington area. Basically, I'm all over the place. I'm in for a meetup whenever.

-Mike

Villa Rica checking in. I work just over five miles east of the airport, though. I have not received my Mavic yet. I just have a cheap drone that has no GPS functions and doesn't require FAA registration. I'm waiting for mine to arrive from Drone World (via Amazon) by 11/16 or earlier. You can't believe how many times a day I check the Amazon site for updates.
Just found this thread. I'm near Villa Rica too, in Fairfield Plantation. Just starting to stretch out the Mavic. How is the Mavic treating you?

Adding myself to the list. I live in Villa Rica and work in Atlanta; I see several guys on here from the West Ga areas so we should definitely plan and meet-n-greet in a few months when all the drones are delivered.

I ordered my Dec 14th so I've got a while but if any meets get planed in the meantime I'd like to come check out the Mavic; haven't seen one in person yet.
Villa Rica/Carrollton/Douglasville area here!

Last edited:
Just a heads up for anybody in GA looking for drone insurance. Got a policy yesterday with Jacob Hiers thru State Farm. I called 3 different agents and he had the best policy rate, was the most knowledgable and fastest to return my call....

Is $72/year for $1000 covering drone and $3000 covering a dslr camera. $0 deductible. The entire transaction took 30 min. I just had to email in serial numbers and receipt.
Do you have his number?

0b1d0437629a4e47ee227b56b66110d6.jpg

Went to Atlanta couple weeks ago. One of my pics I took. Can anybody guess where that shot was taken from?

Just found this thread. I'm near Villa Rica too, in Fairfield Plantation. Just starting to stretch out the Mavic. How is the Mavic treating you?

It's treating me well. I've taken it on three trips and it hasn't run away yet!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun