Reactions
Just changed Tripod mode to Atti mode
Used to use Atti on my phantom
Much prefer this

Reactions: Dsixty
Just changed Tripod mode to Atti mode
Used to use Atti on my phantom
Much prefer this
I did that as well on my M2P ... then I discovered something. Sport mode and ATTI mode are similar. Tripod mode offers the ability to shoot smooth video which for me is more useful than Sport mode. I ended up swapping Sport mode for ATTI mode. One note about ATTI mode that is a lot of fun for me is the ability to fly with the wind. Sports mode maxes out around 45 MPH ... I flew up to 52 MPH in ATTI mode - that was fun.

That is kind of an interesting story. When I swapped Tripod mode for ATTI mode, I watched this video:

The information provided in the video was perfect for swapping Tripod mode for ATTI mode. However, when I went to swap Sports mode for ATTI mode I discovered the information provided in the video was not correct. I found the following in a comment (DISCLAIMER: I have not verified all of these parameters):

Flight switch position parameters
fswitch_selection|g_config_control_control_mode[0] = Tripod : factory value = 12 (Tripod)
fswitch_selection|g_config_control_control_mode[1] = Sport: factory value = 8 (Sport)
fswitch_selection|g_config_control_control_mode[2] Position (GPS): factory value =7 (Position GPS)

Switch parameter values
0 = Manual Mode (GPS position and Altitude Stabilization are disabled)
1 = GPS - no noticed difference
2 = GPS - no noticed difference
3 = ATTI Mode (Altitude Stabilization)
4 = GPS mode indicated, sport mode speed for some reason
5 = GPS - no noticed difference
6 = Beginner
7 = PGPS Mode (Normal)
8 = Sport Mode
9 = FARM Mode (Altitude stabilization with RTH capability)
10 = GPS - no noticed difference
11 = GPS - no noticed difference
12 = Tripod mode

So, to answer your question, all you need to do is change fswitch_selection|g_config_control_control_mode[1] from 8 to 3

Last edited:
Not difficult to do, remember though there will be no gps while in this mode so beware if you are a beginner

Reactions: Bobvt
I did that as well on my M2P ... then I discovered something. Sport mode and ATTI mode are similar. Tripod mode offers the ability to shoot smooth video which for me is more useful than Sport mode. I ended up swapping Sport mode for ATTI mode. One note about ATTI mode that is a lot of fun for me is the ability to fly with the wind. Sports mode maxes out around 45 MPH ... I flew up to 52 MPH in ATTI mode - that was fun.

On my M2P I changed the Tripod switch to ATTI mode as well. I am about ready to change it back. Can i just update the firmware using the most recent version DJI assistant? Or do i need to go back in to debug mode with the older DJI Assistant and restore the Tripod setting first?

On my M2P I changed the Tripod switch to ATTI mode as well. I am about ready to change it back. Can i just update the firmware using the most recent version DJI assistant? Or do i need to go back in to debug mode with the older DJI Assistant and restore the Tripod setting first?
No need to update the firmware, unless you want to. Simply power up the older version of DJI Assistant, follow the instructions in the video for setting debug mode and then do the following:

When you get to the part where you need to change the values, change the following:
fswitch_selection|g_config_control_control_mode[0] = Tripod : factory value = 12 (Tripod)
fswitch_selection|g_config_control_control_mode[1] = Sport: factory value = 8 (Sport)

Make sure to press enter when you enter the values so they are saved.
I did do a recent firmware update though and it did reset the values, so really either option should work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Made2Phly
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi