DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Attitude Too Large - What it means and why it's helping you

Ian in London

Reactions
So we had a long discussion about flying in strong winds on a thread here the other week, and in doing that, learned a lot about how the Air and Pro differ in their handling of winds, especially when not flying in Sports mode.

I'm still reading many comments, and getting asked directly, how to fix the 'Attitude Too Large' error message....

So as people think this is an error, I thought I'd explain exactly why it's not an error, what it means, what triggers it, and why it's actually helping you fly!

As ever, hope it helps!
Cheers

Ian

Last edited:
Thanks, I was also wondering why I was getting this message. I wasn't thinking it was an error, but contributing to low light, thinking that since the sun was going down, it must have something to do with it was too dark. Thank you for clearing that up for us.

Reactions: Ian in London
So we had a long discussion about flying in strong winds on a thread here the other week, and in doing that, learned a lot about how the Air and Pro differ in their handling of winds, especially when not flying in Sports mode.

I'm still reading many comments, and getting asked directly, how to fix the 'Attitude Too Large' error message....

So as people think this is an error, I thought I'd explain exactly why it's not an error, what it means, what triggers it, and why it's actually helping you fly!

As ever, hope it helps!
Cheers

Ian
Hi Ian, good video. I don't own the mavic air, so not necessarily applicable unless also applicable to the mavic pro. There's my segue.
Do you prefer the air to the pro? if so, is it because of the bit rate, the increased portability, the handling, or other? I'm assuming your preference isn't because of battery life, wifi, or high wind handling. Please reply
regards
Richard

Hi Ian, good video. I don't own the mavic air, so not necessarily applicable unless also applicable to the mavic pro. There's my segue.
Do you prefer the air to the pro? if so, is it because of the bit rate, the increased portability, the handling, or other? I'm assuming your preference isn't because of battery life, wifi, or high wind handling. Please reply
regards
Richard
Glad to help guys! Had loads of comments on this one... they could have chosen better wording I think!

Drone On.. Bit off topic, but here you are: Air v Pro is quite subjective and there are loads of threads on it, but as a long-term PRO owner, my thoughts on the AIR are:
Love:
smaller size, lighter weight and folding remote sticks.
New gimbal design - way more protected
Wind handling when not in sports mode
Internal memory that can be formatted out on location
Higher bitrate (but for most videos, it's not a major difference)
Dislike:
Battery life
Range (not great compared to Pro; but good to 1000m)
I do think they missed a trick by not sticking with Occusync and its greater range.
Occasional brief signal loss happens more after 500-1000m as well
Return to whiny buzzing noise.

So as I've said all along, if you're an existing Pro owner, I'd defo wait for MP ll as there's so little imporovement. If you're after your first drone, the Air is fantastic, as long as you get the Fly More Combo with the extra batteries :)
Cheers as ever!

Ian

Glad to help guys! Had loads of comments on this one... they could have chosen better wording I think!

Drone On.. Bit off topic, but here you are: Air v Pro is quite subjective and there are loads of threads on it, but as a long-term PRO owner, my thoughts on the AIR are:
Love:
smaller size, lighter weight and folding remote sticks.
New gimbal design - way more protected
Wind handling when not in sports mode
Internal memory that can be formatted out on location
Higher bitrate (but for most videos, it's not a major difference)
Dislike:
Battery life
Range (not great compared to Pro; but good to 1000m)
I do think they missed a trick by not sticking with Occusync and its greater range.
Occasional brief signal loss happens more after 500-1000m as well
Return to whiny buzzing noise.

So as I've said all along, if you're an existing Pro owner, I'd defo wait for MP ll as there's so little imporovement. If you're after your first drone, the Air is fantastic, as long as you get the Fly More Combo with the extra batteries :)
Cheers as ever!

Ian
Good insights...thanks Ian

I got it a lot today as well and didn’t know what it was. Thanks for explaining. So question, what would happen if the high wind suddenly stopped while the Air is in such a steep pitch? Can it adjust to the change in a split second or could it somehow flip in air and shut down?

I got it a lot today as well and didn’t know what it was. Thanks for explaining. So question, what would happen if the high wind suddenly stopped while the Air is in such a steep pitch? Can it adjust to the change in a split second or could it somehow flip in air and shut down?
It reacts instantly.... check out 1:14

Reactions: BearMan54
It reacts instantly.... check out 1:14
I wish I'd seen this when I first got my Air. It freaked me out the first few times before I researched and figured out what was going on. If I'd seen this earlier it'd have made some of my early flights less stressful.

I wish I'd seen this when I first got my Air. It freaked me out the first few times before I researched and figured out what was going on. If I'd seen this earlier it'd have made some of my early flights less stressful.
I don't blame you; I was the same when it forst happened so I did a bit of research and actually read the instruction manual and eventually came up with the video.
MAvic 2 Pro and 2 Zoom behave the same way, whlst the original Mavic Pro just slows down to limit the pitch and keep the sensors working.

Cheers
Ian

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman