DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aussie Visitor

Reactions
Hi folks,

Didn't realise there was a specific San Fran page - good to know for future. I'm flying into SFO next week, staying a couple of days before heading on to San Diego for work. I've now got a Mini 3 Pro. I'm staying in accommodation in the Fisherman's Wharf area so I can walk to places to see. My google 'research' has me considering the following places to fly - looking for up to date advice regarding any legal issues please:
Coit Tower; Pier 7; Sue Bierman Park; Rincon Park; Public park btwn Piers 35 & 39; Sydney G Walton Square.

I'm only a recreational pilot and taking video and images for personal / family purposes.

I'm only a recreational pilot and taking video and images for personal / family purposes.
Just on the chance that you are contacted by our local Constabulary (do Aussies us this term or is it only a Brit term?). perhaps contacted by our "coppers" they might ask for your license. Here in the US all drone pilots are required to have at least a TRUST Certificate.

As a tourist, you are still required to meet US regulations… Here is a link…

Have a Safe Trip and Enjoyable Visit!

Just on the chance that you are contacted by our local Constabulary (do Aussies us this term or is it only a Brit term?). perhaps contacted by our "coppers" they might ask for your license. Here in the US all drone pilots are required to have at least a TRUST Certificate.

As a tourist, you are still required to meet US regulations… Here is a link…

Have a Safe Trip and Enjoyable Visit!
I’m familiar with both terms for the Police. I’ve got my TRUST certificate saved electronically. Don’t want to do the wrong thing, so looking for local advice as to locations to take off and land. I can be an early riser to avoid crowds.

Reactions: JimSteadman
looking for local advice as to locations to take off and land.
Here are a heap of links to help you decide…

The Pilot Institute Home page for all types of info.

Pilot Institute's Home page Link to all the States…

Pilot Institute's Home page Link to San Diego…

Also, we have a Sub-Forum "Local and Regional Discussions"

And our Sub-Sub-Forum to all of California…

And our Sub-Sub-Sub-Forum to San Diego

Since I live on the East Coast (can't get much further away), that's all I've got.

Enjoy, be Safe, and write Good Things about US (note the Capitals, it that "us" as in we… or US as in the United States?) a mystery…

LT Signing Off…

Reactions: 4006448
You sound like you've got all your ducks in a row, so this might be pointless, but be sure to check you air carrier to find out it they have any special requirements flying with your batteries. Your flight is one of the longest in the world...

Last edited:
Reactions: 4006448
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13