DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Authorisation zone

neXus0310

Reactions
hi, just got my first drone a mavic mini, have it set up, firmware done everything is in order and operational however as soon as I try to fly it outside in correct zone it won’t even take off I keep observing an authorisation zone message can some help plz

Check in the map view and it will show you the boundary and designation of the authorisation zone. Depending on the type you can manually unlock flight restrictions by accessing your DJI account. Just make sure the area in which you are flying in is safe and legal. If you want further advice on the location specifics you could post the approximate location and I will have a look for you :)

thx for your reply, I keep getting the following message “target flight area is an authorisation zone apply to unlock restrictions” however when I go on my laptop to unlock it doesn’t give me the option on the map for my area, I did a test on area further away from me and was authorised for that but can’t do it in my own area for some reason although it’s an authorised zone

Image attached of my approximate area if that helps

Attachments

• DCF82A16-9B02-4213-9785-1C0D2904F744.png
    DCF82A16-9B02-4213-9785-1C0D2904F744.png
    765.2 KB · Views: 14
Yeah, I see what you mean. The authorisation zone shown doesn't have a specific pin. I have never unlocked a zone near an airport so cant say for sure, but have you tried to unlock the actual airport pin? This may clear the zone but excersise extreme caution due to your proximity to the FRZ.

I wasn’t aware aware I needed to do that, thx for your I’ll try and see if I can get the pin for that cheers

I wasn’t aware aware I needed to do that, thx for your I’ll try and see if I can get the pin for that cheers
No worries, hope it works. Be aware that the unlock is only temporary. Also advise you make contact with the tower if going anywhere remotely near restricted zones. They will likely have some good advice and are usually happy to hear from drone pilots.

Hi all, I ended up getting a new drone from the store I originally bought my mavic mini, it turned out to be a hardwire issue, new drone is working perfectly and I’m now looking forward to using it, thx for all the advice for everyone it was appreciated

Reactions: Rich_fpv
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998