DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Authorization zone: you can still fly without unlock

ihavequestions

Reactions
Just wondering - if you are in an authorization zone, it appears you can still fly without unlock. It's just that the message for unlock obstructs some of your view. Is that how it's supposed to work? Whats the point if you can still fly?

Just wondering - if you are in an authorization zone, it appears you can still fly without unlock. It's just that the message for unlock obstructs some of your view. Is that how it's supposed to work? Whats the point if you can still fly?
Have you tested this theory? Are you able to fly under conditions you describe?

I live in a Authorization zone , I can't even start the motors inside my own house let alone fly !
I also live in an Authorization zone. I submitted for a waiver thru Kitty Hawk for a one day mission and received my waiver. Submitted my waiver to DJI and they un-locked my controller for a year. I don't abuse it, just test fly below the wire.

For the record, I DO NOT endorse flights in Authorization Zones without a Waiver!!

I also live in an Authorization zone. I submitted for a waiver thru Kitty Hawk for a one day mission and received my waiver. Submitted my waiver to DJI and they un-locked my controller for a year. I don't abuse it, just test fly below the wire.

For the record, I DO NOT endorse flights in Authorization Zones without a Waiver!!
Having a one year waiver would be sweet, I have to look into Kitty Hawk, thanks for posting this info

in my area there is a difference between restricted and "no fly", zoom will fly in restricted but motors won't even start in a no fly zone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty