DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Auto-braking on Mavic 2 Pro?

When this happens a few times I have gotten a warning like "unsafe angle" or "unsafe tilt" (cant remember exact words) when flying the AC in P mode during windy conditions (15 to 20 mph). I believe the AC tilts too hard during wind, causing the automatic braking. Just a guess though.

Quick update: I think it was a combination of things. I'm now around 6 flights in and I've several flights where it doesn't happen at all (and where there was no wind or the sun was on the horizon. I think being over water also may have contributed to some of the warnings. My last two flights were over land and I was not able to reproduce it except by going towards the sun. I suspect it might have also been the unsafe angle thing in a couple of instances where I was trying to both go full throttle and decrease altitude. Finally, Sport Mode makes it go away completely. So I'm less concerned there's something wrong and am just assuming that under some circumstances Position mode will just stop me from pushing it too hard, which makes sense.

Quick update: I think it was a combination of things. I'm now around 6 flights in and I've several flights where it doesn't happen at all (and where there was no wind or the sun was on the horizon. I think being over water also may have contributed to some of the warnings. My last two flights were over land and I was not able to reproduce it except by going towards the sun. I suspect it might have also been the unsafe angle thing in a couple of instances where I was trying to both go full throttle and decrease altitude. Finally, Sport Mode makes it go away completely. So I'm less concerned there's something wrong and am just assuming that under some circumstances Position mode will just stop me from pushing it too hard, which makes sense.

My errors popped up over water too (but then again I fly almost exclusively over water), and for some reason its mostly when I'm bringing the AC home - which could be where I am going full speed in P mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito