DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Auto Edit clips in DJI app

roflyer

Reactions
I found some autoedited clips from my videos in the DJI GO4 app. I think it did a pretty good job, if you want to have a quick and fun way to show you footage after flying.

The question is, how those autoedited clips are generated? Because i accidentaly found them, and they were ready to play, but I have new videos and they have not been autoedited...

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Reactions: Dan Lee
I have found the same. Also, separate from the auto edited footage it seems there's some of my clips missing from in the DJI go4 app, but I can still get them when I upload/download the files to my laptop. I was wondering why that might be... I'm guessing that this is the video cache that is set to 2Gb by default?? Perhaps when it's full it doesn't add anymore auto edited clips...? I'm speculating.
nb. I agree it's a nice feature to be able to have a quick summary of the days footage on the way home before editing properly

I have found the same. Also, separate from the auto edited footage it seems there's some of my clips missing from in the DJI go4 app, but I can still get them when I upload/download the files to my laptop. I was wondering why that might be... I'm guessing that this is the video cache that is set to 2Gb by default?? Perhaps when it's full it doesn't add anymore auto edited clips...? I'm speculating.
nb. I agree it's a nice feature to be able to have a quick summary of the days footage on the way home before editing properly
I set my video cache to the maximum (16gb), and I'm wondering where the cache is stored, in the aircraft or in the app device?

My understanding is that the cache is stored in the app and includes lo-res video for easy reviewing "in the field" and the map view and stick movements. All of which can be viewed in the app via flight record and editor..
Just had a quick look and I think I must have manually selected the option to overwrite old files when the cache is full. Perhaps that's why I'm losing some in the cache....

This is of course totally separate to the video files recorded to the sd card in the Mavic itself

Reactions: roflyer
Anybody know if there is a way to force the app create an auto edited clip?

Last edited:
Hey roflyer, did you ever find out about this? I simply can't find an answer anywhere...
What I learned is that as soon as you finish a flight, the app creates a new autoedited clip, and you can change the music in it. But if you want to change the automated shots the autoedit chooses, you simply can't. Ther is an option wich says "REGENERATE" but it creates a new autoedited clip with ALL your previous footage, and not only the most recent one...

What I learned is that as soon as you finish a flight, the app creates a new autoedited clip, and you can change the music in it. But if you want to change the automated shots the autoedit chooses, you simply can't. Ther is an option wich says "REGENERATE" but it creates a new autoedited clip with ALL your previous footage, and not only the most recent one...

Thanks for sharing! Same experience here. I'm thinking a workaround is to clear the cache before each flight, thus ensuring the Regenerate function only picks recent stuff.

Of course, still a bug that I hope to see fixed in a future version.

Reactions: roflyer
Thanks for sharing! Same experience here. I'm thinking a workaround is to clear the cache before each flight, thus ensuring the Regenerate function only picks recent stuff.

Of course, still a bug that I hope to see fixed in a future version.
Good idea, but actualy I think you don't have to clear your cache, but only the "Autoedit Videos" in the section "Create"... you can leave your cache in the section "Album".... then, if you like the result, you can save it to your device gallery, and clear again for the next flight.

Where are you guys finding the auto edited clips on the app? All o find are the videos as recorded. I'd like to see the auto edit videos.

Does the music on the vid upload to Facebook? I know FB has some issues with music being uploaded due to copyrights.

Not sure, haven't tried it. But you have a nice rack...[emoji6]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu