DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Auto launch not working

Joolz

Reactions
Hi I got my mini 2 yesterday so was playing around with it in my garden but could not get auto launch to work. It was connected to satelites, home point set and said it was ready for take off but when I pressed the auto launch button a greyed out circle appeared in the centre of my screen but the drone did not actually launch. I manually got the drone flying and it responded fine but worries me slightly that it wouldnt auto launch and that maybe something is wrong (it may be that i have missed something really basic though).

I have downloaded the manual but not found a solution in there.

Did you press the greyed out circle until the little green line did a circumference route around the circle?
Hmmmm no i just pressed it and held my finger in it for a second or so but didn't see a green line. Maybe I took my finger off too quick then. Will try it again later when I get home from work and see if it works this time.

Reactions: Yogi053
It's a bit of an annoying feature I think, the same rule applies if you choose to land it via pressing the land button. When ever I have used the auto take off or land button, both are rare, I always have to do a second press as I never hold the button 'pressed' the first time.

Thank you I will give it another go! want to see what the footage is like at night anyway so will be a good excuse to try it after work.

It's a bit of an annoying feature I think, the same rule applies if you choose to land it via pressing the land button. When ever I have used the auto take off or land button, both are rare, I always have to do a second press as I never hold the button 'pressed' the first time.
I hate that method. Bring back the swipe with words to that effect.

Reactions: frank candor
I’ve actually never used this. I’m on old school Phantom pilot so I still us the diagonal stick method. Is there any advantage to this way?

Reactions: cc_jim
It worked today when I tried it. I am happy to launch either way but was worried auto launch wouldnt work because something was wrong with my settings (like not connected to satellite etc.. ) but seems fine today. Just flying around my back garden at the moment though not going further afield until covid restrictions are lifted.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom