DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autolanding Problem GPS/RTH

Reactions
For the last flight session i encountered 2 problems :

1°) I was flying above field, my battery was 45 % something like that. For making a last shot i send the mavic at 350 meters distance and 150 meters high (maximum legal altitude in France) , then made a RTH.
Transmission signal was good. the place was an open air.
When the Mavic starded the GPS point was correctly updated. (precise option) At this moment, the mavic told me on the screen controler : weak GPS signal.
Remote signal perfect.
The Mavic refused to move any more at 360 meters and 150 meters high during 14 minutes......(time to have lot of stress...) so I push the RTH button many times the mavic made few meters towards the RTH point but never went back !!!!
i walked up and the mavic moved toward and it run toward for 10/20 meters. but still not come back. After the last 10 minutes RTH cannot be done : no enough battery. The bird started landing procedure, above the field (lucky man i'am). It didn't wanted to land first i made it manually. at this point battery was 6%. Can you tell me what did happened ? Why the mavic didn't came back in case of weak GPS signal ? This was the second day flying for this drone .

The strange thing overalll,after 20 minutes searching the bird, landed in a field, i changed the battery for a new one, and flew over the same place....it worked ? How can yu explain that.
So the dangerous thing for me yu start the bird, yu fly in case off no signal gps in flight the bird doesn't want to move ?
2°) Flying and overing in no Signal zones.

I went down a narrow canyon to make really nice images. (no crash ;*-) When motors starded no GPS Signal.
I was i really wild place. Why the mavic didn't let me flying more than 5/6 meters high ?
I send it for 100 meters from me but impossible to take altitude
Last thing i've made several pictures : DNG files but none of the programs (nikon view NX, GIMP, pinnacle studio and adobe ) arrived to open this file. Next time i will cancel raw mode... Hope yu will help me to understand this (big) problems.
Here is the place Another day shooting. Long work for the next film. Enjoy the preview.... | SkyPixel.com At 11 seconds the place where the bird didn't made the RTH after 10 times trying. At 18 seconds the place where the bird didn't let me flying over 5 meters.

Thanks for the help. How to unlock 5 meters flying in no gps zone ?

Dji Answered you need internet connection for flying. I often times in mountain and not Phone , no Gps signal sometimes
Here is the reponse : Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

"I am sorry to know about what happened to your drone which became unresponsive. To address your concern, if the GPS signal is weak (less than six GPS satellites are detected) during operation, the aircraft will switch to A Mode (Atti Mode) automatically. In this case, you should make the aircraft exit Smart Operation Mode and control the aircraft carefully. If the aircraft does not exit Smart Operation Mode, it will automatically fly to the location when the GPS signal is lost after the GPS signal becomes strong (six GPS satellites or more are detected."

Coming back after more 2 days flying.

Had the same issue, when i press RTH the mavic didn't came back.

The problem was (also for the first post ) SUN !!!!

In the season here, the sun at the end of after is getting low.
I didn't flight in this season, i flight in Winter, summer, spring.
Perhaps this is the main problem.

So yesterday the bird was above a deep canyon (400 meters) i didn't want to come back.
I shut of and go on Sport mode, it worked instantly.
I tried another technique (got more than 60 % battery at this moment) and activate Home Lock works also.

For the first problem i didn't remenber if i tried this.

Every owners must lurn about their mistakes and learn about them !!!!!

Reactions: Pathogen
I can see loosing GPS in a canyon but I don't know why you would lose it in an open field. RTH needs GPS to work so it could not come home.

As for it not moving, the low sun can cause the forward anti collision sensors to trigger. When you switched to sport mode it turned off the sensor which allowed it to move. I had it happen to me at sunset over water. Turning off the sensor fixed it.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven