DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Automated FAA Controlled Airspace authorization

codydoerfler

Reactions
In Colorado flying in class D.. using AirMap to request. worked great

Automated FAA Controlled Airspace authorization accepted for flight with confirmation number ARM*******. Please fly in accordance with Part 107 rules and regulations.

Automated FAA Controlled Airspace authorization accepted for flight with confirmation number ARM*******. Please fly in accordance with Part 107 rules and regulations.
So now we have to ask for authorization not just notify?

This is only for part 107 pilots, unless something has changed. The new system is LAANC (Low Altitude Authorization Notification Capability) and it only works at some airports.

What airport?

Curious about this.
My airport COE is listed in wave 2 just like the above mentioned BJC, but when I click on the automated authorization link under advisories it just takes me to the Airmap website. Am I missing something?

I am trying to study for my 107 to take real estate photos in Ohio, not far from an airport. I am still getting used to all of the terms and the tools you guys use to make things easier.

But am I understanding correctly that this is a real time authorization system where you don't have to wait up to 90 days for approval if you want to take some low altitude pics/video? Real time as in, within a few minutes?

I am trying to study for my 107 to take real estate photos in Ohio, not far from an airport. I am still getting used to all of the terms and the tools you guys use to make things easier.

But am I understanding correctly that this is a real time authorization system where you don't have to wait up to 90 days for approval if you want to take some low altitude pics/video? Real time as in, within a few minutes?

Almost real time

Wow this is great news! Unfortunately my region is the last one to be phased in, but that will still make everything better when it does.

Thank you!

@Twodumbdogs sorry to necro-post, but what specifically did you figure out? Sounds like you still have to call BJC as a hobbyist ...
Yes, you do still have to call as a hobbyist. The LAANC system for now is just for Part 107 authorizations. Sometime in the future LAANC will be available for all. Don't hold your breath, though.

Yes, you do still have to call as a hobbyist. The LAANC system for now is just for Part 107 authorizations. Sometime in the future LAANC will be available for all. Don't hold your breath, though.

Thank you. Truly it seems like it’s just a good idea to get 107 certification so you can use LAANC and of course actually understand all these rules/regulations!

I still have to call even with a LAANC authorization at some airports. :(

53413454_10214359769287952_4638587601920458752_o.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98