DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AUTOPANO GIGA as 'free-ware'

Felix le Chat

Reactions
As mentioned in one or two previous threads, Autopano Giga v.4.4 is still a pretty good pano stitcher even though it was abandoned by its developers back in 2018.

Quite a few people who have recently downloaded it have difficulty in getting it to work because it crashes the instant you try to load it up in Windows 11.

If you download and install it: follow these steps:

For Windows 11, you need to rename the file:

C:\Program Files\Kolor\Autopano Giga 4.4\libeay32.dll

to …

\libeay32.old

Kolor found the goodwill to allow free use of their abandoned software by throwing the following registration details out into the wild.

User e-mail: [email protected]

Registration code: KAPG7-K3A9X-IZJHX-FIIT7-C5IM8-MQF2N

Just remember to alter the name of the 'libeay.dll' file and it works a treat.

Reactions: SethB and waynorth
Thanks for the info.
I know of two good panorama freeware apps, the Autopano Giga as you mention, and the old but excellent
Microsoft Image Composite Editor (called ICE). It can be downloaded here:
I haven't tried it on Win 11, but it runs fine on 10.

Thanks for the info.
I know of two good panorama freeware apps, the Autopano Giga as you mention, and the old but excellent
Microsoft Image Composite Editor (called ICE). It can be downloaded here:
I haven't tried it on Win 11, but it runs fine on 10.
I run ICE v.2 on my Win 11 P.C without a hitch and you're right: for a little piece of software that was written to showcase a concept, ICE is top-notch, no-fuss and blisteringly quick.

Reactions: waynorth
I’m interested in this, as I do a lot of Panoramas.

Do you know of any problems with the MacOS version?

Thanks 🙏

Reactions: Felix le Chat

Thanks 🙏
It is available for the MacOS, but I only use a Windows machine. I would imagine the registration and file rename process for free use would be the same.

Reactions: CJG

Thanks 🙏
It is available for the MacOS, but I only use a Windows machine. I would imagine the registration and file rename process for free use would be the same.
Autopano Giga 4.4.2 tested on Mac Sonoma MacOS 14.4.1

@Felix le Chat imagines correctly about the registration, but there is no file rename required on Mac- it doesn't use windows system extensions.

HOWEVER, the installer failed multiple times - I finally figured out that my current Adobe CC/Bridge/Lightroom install can't be used by the Autopano installer. The solution was to uncheck PlugIns in the installer. That's only going to affect people running an app for which Autopano might have a plugin - be aware that your image editor(s) may have changed how plugins work. Not a huge deal - it runs fine standalone, just not as a plugin in Lightroom (which would have been cool).

This is a super sophisticated product. It appears to support raw source images, but did not recognize the .cr3 format created by a Canon EOS 90D. Once I converted to jpg everything worked fine. I haven't yet tried .dng or .tiff files, but there are render settings that include 16bit and 32bit images, so I'm hopeful it can take them as source images.

There is an automatic batch manager for renders/exports.

Note that Render is started by clicking a sprocket icon. I'da thunk that would be for settings, but no.

These unique features/challenges aside, this seems to be an excellent product. It's too bad it was killed when GoPro bought the company.

I want to check out if it opens a DJI .dng, how it does with a 360, what it renders that can be opened at 16 or 32bit for grading... etc. But it looks really great so far!

P.S. It recognized my Mac's CPU and GPU and acceleration worked really fast!

Last edited:
Reactions: CJG
Autopano Giga 4.4.2 tested on Mac Sonoma MacOS 14.4.1

@Felix le Chat imagines correctly about the registration, but there is no file rename required on Mac- it doesn't use windows system extensions.

HOWEVER, the installer failed multiple times - I finally figured out that my current Adobe CC/Bridge/Lightroom install can't be used by the Autopano installer. The solution was to uncheck PlugIns in the installer. That's only going to affect people running an app for which Autopano might have a plugin - be aware that your image editor(s) may have changed how plugins work. Not a huge deal - it runs fine standalone, just not as a plugin in Lightroom (which would have been cool).

This is a super sophisticated product. It appears to support raw source images, but did not recognize the .cr3 format created by a Canon EOS 90D. Once I converted to jpg everything worked fine. I haven't yet tried .dng or .tiff files, but there are render settings that include 16bit and 32bit images, so I'm hopeful it can take them as source images.

There is an automatic batch manager for renders/exports.

Note that Render is started by clicking a sprocket icon. I'da thunk that would be for settings, but no.

These unique features/challenges aside, this seems to be an excellent product. It's too bad it was killed when GoPro bought the company.

I want to check out if it opens a DJI .dng, how it does with a 360, what it renders that can be opened at 16 or 32bit for grading... etc. But it looks really great so far!

P.S. It recognized my Mac's CPU and GPU and acceleration worked really fast!
Good morning from the UK!

This is really helpful @SethB. Much appreciated

I've been using this on windows for doing sphere panoramas and it generally gives excellent results and renders quite fast on my 10yr old laptop. It can come unstuck on panos with featureless skies or big areas of undetailed ocean etc, but most stitching software would struggle with such panos. For free software it is great!

Reactions: SethB
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erintse