DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autopilot 1008 error

R1Mavic

Reactions
Anyone have details on how to resolve this? I cannot fly anywhere near my home. I drove 15 miles away and still the same thing. It has to do with no fly zones, but I’m not near an airport when I go away from home.

I found this from 7 months ago.

Why Am I receiving Error Code - 1008?

Hangar customer service hasn’t responded to any email I have sent them.

There appears to be nobody at Autopilot anymore... The support link is down... No support for new DJI Mavics...

There appears to be nobody at Autopilot anymore... The support link is down... No support for new DJI Mavics...
... and no more Beta versions available since 3 months.

They should really stop selling a product there's no intention of developing for hey?

Hmmm...

Why Am I receiving Error Code - 1008?
icon-on-black_720.jpg

Kerstin
  • 7 months ago
  • Updated
Follow
We recently discovered an issue that is not allowing No-Fly Zone restrictions to unlock properly. We are working with DJI to help resolve this issue. We hope that this error will be resolved with the next SDK update.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful R1mavic.

This was from 7mths ago, glad I have seen the problems with autopilot here before buying, going to give litchi a go.

I think I’d ask for a refund and cut your losses ...

Thanks to you both. I also found that article, Jerry. What sucks is the app is just great. Litchi doesn’t appear to have any of the modes it has other than waypoints and Orbit. Aside from the 1008 error, it’s a great app.
I’ll do some research today for an equivalent.

Autopilot is bloody great!!!

I hope and pray it continues. It's waaay better than Litchi. Let us know if you do find anything else please.

I’ll hope to see the outcome of your research, will press the button on litchi this week I guess. And yes, I always thought autopilot was much more advanced compared to litchi but with a greater learning curve .. good luck to you

Thanks! I sent a couple more emails to them. I posted on several of their Youtube videos asking about it and I also posted on another forum. Hopefully someone knows. I cannot be the only one getting the 1008 error around no fly zones. It would be nice to know the radius of the block. From what I have found, if you are in a no fly zone at all, the app is basically locked down.
I watched several Litchi vids this morning and it's no even close to Autopilot, so I am going to wait this out. I will send an email to Apple now to have record of this in case I need a refund at some point and they argue it's too late.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard