DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autopilot by Hangar - Is the app still maintained? do we get any support?

ovisopa

Reactions
Does anybody know if the Autopilot app is still maintained or if there is anyone to continue developing it, offer any support to people who purchased it ?

5 days ago I opened an support ticket on Hangar but I did not get any reply, now 3 days ago I replied to the ticked asking if there is anyone to offer support, no message from anyone , so today I replied again telling I made even more tests and I still couldn't achieve a smooth flight in follow me mode.

Right now I really think I purchased an app that is not maintained anymore, this was the most expensive app I ever purchased, and it's so sad to see I can't use it as I want. In this state I have to cut away more than 70% of the videos I do in Follow me mode :( Just because of a stupid behaviour explained in the dedicated post right here: Autopilot by Hangar - Small improvement needed to use Follow me on variable altitude of the subject

Last edited:
Autopilot is an iOS app right? Just ask for a refund at Apple and just note that the support sucks. Apple will most likely refund your money.

Reactions: TimesTen
I'll rather give them "one more chance", maybe behind the app is just one guy, who knows. But if I knew that my feedback is considered for feature updates of the app, I really would love to help them and offer suggestions, and wait even more .. but it's not to nice to not get any reply in 5 days. Even an automated "Away until x september" would be better.

I really think the app is quite close to a perfect FOLLOW ME session, it just needs some improvements, like smoothing out altitude changes, and make them while flying forward.

Any experience from other users with Autopilot developers?

shoot! i just bought this app over Litchi... i hope i did not make a poor choice

On iOS you don't have FOLLOW ME with Litchi at all! and they confirmed it's not on their priority list, so if it wasn't introduced in the last years on iOS, I think they will not introduce it in the feature also. I don't know why they are limiting iOS users.

Also if you use Autopilot's FOLLOW ME mission on flat ground, it will work perfectly.

Regarding AUtopilot support team, the ticket was only answered after 6 days, I don't know if they answered because I posted also a public message on their forum (which I found after all :) ) or because I sent a message to the Hangar company itself.

But yesterday I posted an reply and they did not reply back , yet.

I will try to post an reply to the public thread also, as it seems, on the private Support Ticket System they are hard to reach.

Here is the public post, and their first answer: Is there anyone around here to offer support ? (Autopilot Follow Me + Moving subject)

Reactions: bapski
On iOS you don't have FOLLOW ME with Litchi at all! and they confirmed it's not on their priority list, so if it wasn't introduced in the last years on iOS, I think they will not introduce it in the feature also. I don't know why they are limiting iOS users.

Also if you use Autopilot's FOLLOW ME mission on flat ground, it will work perfectly.

Regarding AUtopilot support team, the ticket was only answered after 6 days, I don't know if they answered because I posted also a public message on their forum (which I found after all :) ) or because I sent a message to the Hangar company itself.

But yesterday I posted an reply and they did not reply back , yet.

I will try to post an reply to the public thread also, as it seems, on the private Support Ticket System they are hard to reach.

Here is the public post, and their first answer: Is there anyone around here to offer support ? (Autopilot Follow Me + Moving subject)

while on the topic of AUTOPILOT, would you know how id get a TOTAL MISSION DURATION on AUTOPILOT? if there such feature? i know with Litchi after you create your mission, i think it gives you TOTAL DURATION of the mission..

thanks

I haven't used any other mode than Follow Me, but after I briefly tried the waypoint mode, I don't see any mission time around. I hate I didn't find anywhere the logs of my flights, in app I think there are are no logs (I could be wrong but if there are logs of my flights, they are very well hidden from the user interface), I made an account to dronelogbook.com but I need to search to see what I should write on the server tab, as I always get an error "Failed to upload logs to DronelogBook". I will ask today on their forum to see what I should write on that tab.

would you know how id get a TOTAL MISSION DURATION on AUTOPILOT?
Use the Path Inspector. It'll tell you the approximate time where the Path Inspector is. (you can move it along your path or you can play it and see the time progress.

Here a sample of a mission i used to fly every day to monitor a construction progress.
At the end of the last waypoint you see the time flown to WP7. (ignore the operator distance, because i am currently at a different location)

Path_inspector.jpg

Reactions: bapski
I made an account to dronelogbook.com but I need to search to see what I should write on the server tab
There is no need to fill the server info in the field. Username/password is sufficient.

I personally use an Airdata account because it suits my needs better that dronelogbook.

Use the Path Inspector. It'll tell you the approximate time where the Path Inspector is. (you can move it along your path or you can play it and see the time progress.

Here a sample of a mission i used to fly every day to monitor a construction progress.
At the end of the last waypoint you see the time flown to WP7. (ignore the operator distance, because i am currently at a different location)

View attachment 45440

THANKS

shoot! i just bought this app over Litchi... i hope i did not make a poor choice
Yes, you made a poor choice, unfortunately. I don't know for certain, but I'm fairly well convinced that Hangar is either out of business entirely or they have completely dropped support for Autopilot in favor of their commercial products.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929