DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Avata 2 now supports older goggles, controllers

Droning on and on...

Reactions
New firmware for Avata 2 adds support for Goggles 2, Integra, and the Motion Controller 2 and FPV RC.

DJI sells the Avata 2 Drone-only IIRC, so if you already have this gear, you now have a pretty inexpensive path to an Avata 2.

Reactions: mavic3usa
The drone-only sku is out of stock like it has been since day one so it remains to be seen if anyone can actually do this anytime soon. My thoughts are the drone-only sku is mostly for people who crash or lose their drone with no insurance and just want to replace it so they won't be stuck with an orphan controller/remote. To me, $500 is still alot to pay just to use your old and "outdated" equipment but better than buying a whole new kit if you already have it I guess. Did anyone really buy the Avata 1 drone only (out of stock at DJI too) for this?

Did anyone really buy the Avata 1 drone only (out of stock at DJI too) for this?

Yes, me.

Already had MC1 from FPV, flew Avata 1 with Goggles V2, FPV RC, and MC1 for a long time, until I got a set of Goggles Integra a few months ago.

Might have done the same with Avata 2 if I knew DJI was going to in effect add support for O3 to the drone (or O4 to the Integra and MC2, but that would make less engineering sense).

The drone-only sku is out of stock like it has been since day one so it remains to be seen if anyone can actually do this anytime soon. My thoughts are the drone-only sku is mostly for people who crash or lose their drone with no insurance and just want to replace it so they won't be stuck with an orphan controller/remote. To me, $500 is still alot to pay just to use your old and "outdated" equipment but better than buying a whole new kit if you already have it I guess. Did anyone really buy the Avata 1 drone only (out of stock at DJI too) for this?
I bought the Avata 1 drone only. I already had goggles V2 and controller 2 from my FPV. Works fine for me. I don’t care that I can’t reverse with the MC1.
Now, what I WOULD like is the Avata2 to work with my goggles V2 and MC1. Yeah, I wouldn’t be able to do acro with the MC1, but if they can get my goggles V2 to work with it, that’s cool. I would then buy the Avata 2 and MC3 separately when all the glitz dies down.
But, that’s just me.

I bought the Avata 1 drone only. I already had goggles V2 and controller 2 from my FPV. Works fine for me. I don’t care that I can’t reverse with the MC1.
Now, what I WOULD like is the Avata2 to work with my goggles V2 and MC1. Yeah, I wouldn’t be able to do acro with the MC1, but if they can get my goggles V2 to work with it, that’s cool. I would then buy the Avata 2 and MC3 separately when all the glitz dies down.
But, that’s just me.

You can't use the MC3 without the Goggles 3. The system design changed, and the MC3 connects to the goggles, and all control signals are passed through the goggles which connect to the aircraft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efe