DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

B&H ship dates?

LapetusOne

Reactions
Anyone know when B&H will start shipping? Curious if anyone has received their pre-orders yet.

B&H and Adorama both are traditionally slow at getting stock on DJI. Not sure why.

Paul C

B&H and Adorama both are traditionally slow at getting stock on DJI. Not sure why.

Paul C

No offense, but that's the opposite of what my experience has been with B and H. One reason why they might appear slower, is because they dont list it as "in stock" until it is actually in the warehouse and ready to ship.

DJI will list it as available, but has taken their time, in the past, to ship. In most cases, they are still not shipping immediately after payment is made, when they do ship, it is random, not first come first served, which raises the ire of its loyal customer base. They should ship sequentially, which they do not do.

B and H has my respect. They do what they say they are going to do, and do it on time. Have a problem with merchandise? Prompt return policy and refund. Among the best in the business.

Reactions: Mitch
No offense taken or intended. Net fact.

On the last 3 drones "new" I was interested in B&H was over a month in getting stock when DJI store was shipping the next day, Spark, P4 Vr 2.0 and Mavic Pro (they took around 20 days on the Spark). They took over 30 days to get a supply of the P4 Vr 2.0. That is a fact as I had preorder I left on the system by mistake and 35 days after announcement it was still showing pre-order So my point is if you want a this product soon, then consider the DJI Store, or any of the other online vendors who have stock. B&H and Adorama both odds are have a huge order, which will take longer to get through customs and possibly other issues now with tariffs. But they will get the product. My only point was it's out and available in many other channels now. I also realize that B&H fills orders in a first come first serve basis, especially preorders, and it's possible a few of the P4 VR 2.0's did go out before. B&H originally had 08/29/18 as when the product was going to be available. However that is now removed from the site. It's possible a few first day orders did go out. However I have not read about anyone who ordered from DJI's site that did not get a ship date 3 days later. And their site is still showing that.

B&H, also doesn't handle the DJI line themselves, it's 3rd partied out. So anytime you need a return or have an issue, you are not taking with B&H, they will transfer you to their 3rd party that handles DJI. Orders do go in through the normal process, but anything else goes to the 3rd party. I don't remember the name, but it's very clear whenever you call them.

Returns have to go through this same group and are not handled as smoothly as normal camera products via the internal B&H Store.

Note, I have been a customer of theirs now over 18 years or so. So I fully agree that normally they are on top of new products and I still use them for first day orders for Nikon, Fuji and Pentax.

DJI's store is not perfect either, and I have made comments on this site and their own site.

Most orders go through with no problem, at least all of mine have. Most often shipping with tracking in 2 to 3 days.

The problem is if you need a return/refund. Here the DJI store process is very weak. I had to return my first P4 Pro Vr 2.0 due to a dead controller. It took 2 weeks from date of failure to get an RMA, with shipping label. Label was for slow ground, no expedite. After it got to the California center, another 2.5 weeks went by from the day it was received to my credit.

B&H takes around 1 week from bringing to end on most returns, and offers a great 30 day return policy, vs the 14 days DJI has. As I have said before DJI is great, until something goes wrong. But that is not for this post.

My only point was if, they are shipping in many other locations in the US, and of course from the store and thus B&H is taking longer than others to get product.

Paul C

Reactions: Former Member
It’s a personal preference. I will still be looking to you for a fix next time I crash.

Thus DJI is not reputable?

Sorry did not mean imply insult to you or B&H.

Paul C

Even though they're currently still backordered, I ordered a couple days ago when DJI raised the proces on the MP2. Fortunately, I got my order in before B&H raised their price. I hope they're not backordered for too long.

On the last 3 drones "new" I was interested in B&H was over a month in getting stock when DJI store was shipping the next day, Spark, P4 Vr 2.0 and Mavic Pro (they took around 20 days on the Spark).
Keep in mind, DJI is often shipping orders directly from its factory in China. Other merchants have to wait to get stock in this country.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
I got mine through Advexure as well as several other DJI products over the last few years. Couldn’t be happier and would absolutely recommend at least giving them a chance.

B&H is excellent, it’s my go to for my photography gear, but there was a huge blow up over the pre orders of the Nikon D850 and the massive lack of communication. With that said, I had pre ordered my D850 through them and I pre ordered a Z6 last month.

Reactions: Advexure
I got mine through Advexure as well as several other DJI products over the last few years. Couldn’t be happier and would absolutely recommend at least giving them a chance.

We greatly appreciate the kind words and loyalty with your DJI products over the years. Hope you are enjoying your Mavic 2, our team is always here to help.

Those who continue to wait, please contact our team and we’d be happy to see what we can do for you.

Safe flying, all [emoji41]

Reactions: Fishbone4u
We greatly appreciate the kind words and loyalty with your DJI products over the years. Hope you are enjoying your Mavic 2, our team is always here to help.

Those who continue to wait, please contact our team and we’d be happy to see what we can do for you.

Safe flying, all [emoji41]

Advexure....it appears to me that you are out of stock also on the Mavic 2 Pro and maybe the Fly More Kit??

I got mine from B&H last week and unfortunately, it's defective...see here:

Reluctantly returning my Mavic 2 Pro for replacement...

I've filled out a RMA request but, am waiting for B&H to reopen next week before I can get things moving. Very frustrating since I'll likely be without the thing for at least 3 weeks. :-(

Anyone know when B&H will start shipping? Curious if anyone has received their pre-orders yet.

I ordered mine from Apple, same price as B&H, it arrived 2 days later as promised.

B&H never promised it would arrive in 2 days. They were very clear that it was back ordered. Buying from Apple isn't an option for me for a couple reasons. They don't seem to carry the Fly More Combo, in which I wanted to purchase and Apple charging tax is a huge deal breaker. Tax for everything would have been close to $200.00. If I didn't mind the seller charging tax, I would have driven down the road to Best Buy and had everything in hand the same day. I'm not in a huge rush to receive it, since I have a Mavic Air to use if needed.

Mike

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lab916