DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

B0B : Battery without BMS ;-)

thank you i do all this i change the value to 0 but not any button to SAVE changes!! i have to buy the license to change the battery parameters?? or i do something wrong?
No this feature is free. On which OS are you running it ?

No this feature is free. On which OS are you running it ?
W10, tell me i have to install and the moded firmware for saving the parameters? because i didn't install any other firmware i only downgrade to 0400 from assistant

W10, tell me i have to install and the moded firmware for saving the parameters? because i didn't install any other firmware i only downgrade to 0400 from assistant
After having modified your parameter:
- first click on "save parameter"
- go on the other window
- click on "write parameters to drone"

EDIT ! but looking again to your screenshot, it's weird you don't get teh "save" button ...

Attachments

• DH.png
    DH.png
    67.3 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: Serhiy
xqa
After having modified your parameter:
- first click on "save parameter"
- go on the other window
- click on "write parameters to drone"

EDIT ! but looking again to your screenshot, it's weird you don't get teh "save" button ...
Yes it's weird! but as i say before tell me i have to download and install and the moded firmware 0400 of the Drone hacks site or is ok with the downgrade i make from 0500 to 0400 with dji assistant to make the parameters work? I'm confused

xqa
Yes it's weird! but as i say before tell me i have to download and install and the moded firmware 0400 of the Drone hacks site or is ok with the downgrade i make from 0500 to 0400 with dji assistant to make the parameters work? I'm confused
If I remember well my process, I downgraded from 500 to 400 from assistant then played with DH.
But you don't risk anything doing it from DH...
Maybe a bug with W10 ? I'm running W7

Ask on DH ?

Reactions: zaninio
If I remember well my process, I downgraded from 500 to 400 from assistant then played with DH.
But you don't risk anything doing it from DH...
Maybe a bug with W10 ? I'm running W7
ok thanks a lot for the help!

I saw a video with mavic air battery cells + JPN battery management board.
Only 2320mah but it is HV Li-on, giving 32 min flight time.
You can connect any battery technology to B0B. LiHV are welcome too ;-) measurement range of voltage is between 0V and 4.75V per cell. You can even overcharge the cells ;-)

You can connect any battery technology to B0B. LiHV are welcome too ;-) measurement range of voltage is between 0V and 4.75V per cell. You can even overcharge the cells ;-)
I did not wait for the HT7333 stabilizer, I assembled the circuit on AMS1117, not very elegant, but everything is solid and most importantly works. The propellers start, no weather has not tried to fly.

Attachments

• 2020-09-05 20-01-44.JPG
    2020-09-05 20-01-44.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 49
  • 2020-09-05 20-07-52.JPG
    2020-09-05 20-07-52.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 50
  • 2020-09-05 20-17-29.JPG
    2020-09-05 20-17-29.JPG
    507.5 KB · Views: 49
I did not wait for the HT7333 stabilizer, I assembled the circuit on AMS1117, not very elegant, but everything is solid and most importantly works. The propellers start, no weather has not tried to fly.
Very good, if it works that's perfect ;-).
Don't forget the most important part, you need to secure B0B to avoid it unplugs in flight, otherwise it is a crash... You can use a 3D printed lock which fits into the screw holes ... (have a look here Mavic Mini : B0B DIY battery parts by aeropic )
You can also fly with the door open and secure B0B with a rubber band around the legs and accross B0B.
You can also place a hot glue drop on B0B place some tape on it while hot and shut the door to make it the right thickness, then a rubber band accross the door...

Very good, if it works that's perfect ;-).
Don't forget the most important part, you need to secure B0B to avoid it unplugs in flight, otherwise it is a crash... You can use a 3D printed lock which fits into the screw holes ... (have a look here Mavic Mini : B0B DIY battery parts by aeropic )
You can also fly with the door open and secure B0B with a rubber band around the legs and accross B0B.
You can also place a hot glue drop on B0B place some tape on it while hot and shut the door to make it the right thickness, then a rubber band accross the door...

It's true, I'm worried about the power connector, it's loose, I use a cover latch DJI Mavic Mini Battery Retention Clip by redpiyaya and add some rubber to the board to secure the board and connector. I am thinking how to bring out an additional power connector with minimal damage.

It's true, I'm worried about the power connector, it's loose, I use a cover latch DJI Mavic Mini Battery Retention Clip by redpiyaya and add some rubber to the board to secure the board and connector. I am thinking how to bring out an additional power connector with minimal damage.
If I remeber well, you use a laptop SMD connector, am I right ? I bought some of them, but the widht of the laptop male contacts is 0.6mm while the mini ones are 0.4mm so I'm afraid indeed they will be loose and will not be adapted to the mini high current...
The only solution I found is to build a DIY batt connector extracting lyres from a PH2.0 female linear connector and placing them into 3D printed case. it's working very fine...
Other option would be indeed to solder an external plug to the mini (+ 8V is easy to solder right at the level of the connector and there is GND pad at the other end of ESC board. Obviously this is intrusive ! With is, even if B0B would self unplug this would not be a huge concern as only the telemetry would be frozen...

Be careful with all this,a mini with loose power is dangerous!

If I remeber well, you use a laptop SMD connector, am I right ? I bought some of them, but the widht of the laptop male contacts is 0.6mm while the mini ones are 0.4mm so I'm afraid indeed they will be loose and will not be adapted to the mini high current...
The only solution I found is to build a DIY batt connector extracting lyres from a PH2.0 female linear connector and placing them into 3D printed case. it's working very fine...
Other option would be indeed to solder an external plug to the mini (+ 8V is easy to solder right at the level of the connector and there is GND pad at the other end of ESC board. Obviously this is intrusive ! With is, even if B0B would self unplug this would not be a huge concern as only the telemetry would be frozen...

Be careful with all this,a mini with loose power is dangerous!
Yes, Alain, you are right, I have an SMD connector. Today the weather is good, I managed to check it in a real flight. The connector was fixed very securely with rubber bands + a latch on the cover. The 18650 I have are of average quality, not new, the flight before the forced landing was 26 minutes. I flew no further than 100 m and 200 m altitude, everything works well. The 18650s were warm, the power connector was clearly not hot. For peace of mind, I will make an external power connector.

Sounds good ! If the connector is cold this means the contacts are good enough....
Change your cells with Samsung or better Sony VTC6 you will be amazed by those cells. I won 5 minutes of flight time....

Sounds good ! If the connector is cold this means the contacts are good enough....
Change your cells with Samsung or better Sony VTC6 you will be amazed by those cells. I won 5 minutes of flight time....
My VTC6 is still on the way. While they arrive, I hope I will finalize the reliable fixation of the connector. I will try to see the contacts after the flight with the FlirOne thermal imager.

Reactions: aeropic
My VTC6 is still on the way. While they arrive, I hope I will finalize the reliable fixation of the connector. I will try to see the contacts after the flight with the FlirOne thermal imager.
My VTC6 arrived today. I took a thermal photo after the flight for 24 minutes, the connector is cold. The 18650 and the 3.3V stabilizer are heating up.

Attachments

• flir_20200908T184548.jpg
    flir_20200908T184548.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
  • flir_20200908T184642.jpg
    flir_20200908T184642.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
  • flir_20200908T184732.jpg
    flir_20200908T184732.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • flir_20200908T184737.jpg
    flir_20200908T184737.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
  • flir_20200908T184853.jpg
    flir_20200908T184853.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
Reactions: AlamHK
Very interesting pictures. All this shows this connector is working fine !
I was a little surprised by the strong heating of the 3.3V stabilizer, I do not think that the controller's current consumption is so high. It may be good that I installed a more powerful stabilizer.

I was a little surprised by the strong heating of the 3.3V stabilizer, I do not think that the controller's current consumption is so high. It may be good that I installed a more powerful stabilizer.
Ams1117 is designed to accept 15 @vin... And B0B only pulls few mA (bridge consumption) it should not be that hot... However, as i do not saw the color scale, how hot is it in degrees ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000