DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

B4UFly/Hover don't agree

Scuba1954

Reactions
I have two apps B4UFly and Hover on my phone. Sometimes I am curious if I had my Mavic if I could fly where I'm at. There have been numerous times that B4UFLY says no fly because of an airport but Hover says good to go. Why is this happening?

When I'm checking for nearby airports, I either look at the map in DJI GO or on the map on DJI's website here. Both are accurate in the areas I fly.

Reactions: Chirp
One would *think* Know Before You Fly, being run by the FAA, would be the most accurate and up-to-date. Then again, it *is* a government agency, so.... :p

Reactions: MavicCpl15
B4UFLY say no fly more often but when I go to the FAA map it has always matched hover saying I can fly..

I've gotten different answers on different apps, but usually it has to do with app & map options. For example, many let you decide what types of advisories and airfields to show - airport size, heliports, seaplane ports, schools, power plants, etc. Some also allow you to adjust the radius of the warning area. If the settings don't match, you are likely to get different answers on advisories....

LP

Reactions: Scuba1954
I looked in settings on hover but can not find any options like you are referring to. I will check out B4UFLY.

I use Airmap, UAV, and a few others. I haven't really; played with Hover. I think the options in B4UFLY are limited, but I always treat that one as the official one since it's owned by the FAA...

LP

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito