DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

B4UFly

Cooner

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Recently, B4UFly is no longer available on my mobile device. Statement indicates Aloft no longer supports it and the FAA has 4 other companies doing it. Any information on when it will become available or what app will replace it?

Reactions: Auencam
So who's the four partners providing the service???

No links yet.

Guess we'll find out February 1, 2024.

😊

Thanks for this information. I was previously under the impression that B4UFly was no longer supported by the FAA. Incidentally, I’ve found Air Aware to be very similar to B4UFly so there is no learning curve.

Reactions: MA2 317
why can't they come up with just One app that works.

1) one reason is because we are dealing with the GVT and they can't make up their minds
2) When has ONE app ever worked for anything? LOL

Reactions: mobilehomer
I never had any issues with B4UFly but I live out in the boonies so rarely bump into any restricted flight zones. At the advise of a MP member I installed Air Aware and, while I have never used it away from the house yet, it appears to do about the save thing. Time will tell.

Reactions: Dbez1
The FAA has approved four companies to provide B4UFLY services through desktop and mobile applications. B4UFLY provides situational awareness to recreational flyers and other drone users.

B4UFLY Desktop and Mobile Applications

Approved Service Provider
App on iOS
App on Android
Desktop
Airspace Link
P​
P​
P​
AutoPylot
P​
P​
Avision
P​
P​
P​
UASidekick
P​
P​
P​

Reactions: Torque and MA2 317
Air Control worked fine today and looks just like B4UFLY, but with brighter color 👍
That worked great - I liked the user interface on B4UFLY Thumbswayup

Try AirHub Portal. I think it just came out. For desktops and phones/tablets.

“Airspace Link is an FAA-approved UAS Service Supplier of the Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability (LAANC) and is approved to provide B4UFLY Services.”
“LAANC and B4UFLY are collaborations with the FAA and private industry, like Airspace Link, to safely integrate drones into the national airspace system. AirHub® Portal provides airspace authorizations to both Part 107 Pilots and Recreational Flyers.”

Reactions: tahoejeff
B4UFLY did seem to be quicker....but other than that...what do you notice that is different?
  • Air Control does take longer to launch (iPhone 13 Pro Max)
  • You don't get the "Your Good to go banner" that B4UFLY presented.
  • The built in preflight check list in Air Control is cool:

1707054560093.png

Reactions: MARK (LI)
  • Air Control does take longer to launch (iPhone 13 Pro Max)
  • You don't get the "Your Good to go banner" that B4UFLY presented.
  • The built in preflight check list in Air Control is cool:

View attachment 172431
AutoPylot still displays the clear to fly, do not fly, and fly with approval banners! You can also create a custom checklist to add to any mission and set time reminders to get notifications to complete tasks. I hope you can give us a try!

AutoPylot still displays the clear to fly, do not fly, and fly with approval banners! You can also create a custom checklist to add to any mission and set time reminders to get notifications to complete tasks. I hope you can give us a try!
Rec pilot here. Just installed your app. Went very smoothly. Could you please describe the ‘need’ or ‘benefits’ of creating an account?

BTW. I do like the ability to simply drop a pin on the map to indicate where you plan to lift off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weblloyd