DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Backpacks for travel

Mikewilltakeyouto

Reactions
Im sure theres a post somewhere around here with all the backpack ideas, if someone can direct me perfect, if not ....

im looking for a backpack for,
- gopro + accessories
- dji mavic pro + fly more combo
- macbook pro 13inch
- some extra day stuff

ive found 2 backpacks that i might fancy or might work + the gopro seeker backpack is really up there....hmm..

ProTactic BP 250 AW | Lowepro

ViewPoint BP 250 AW | Lowepro

I'll second that. The Viewpoint is a fantastic bag, almost tailor-made for the Mavic.

No experience of the Seeker. But the slide out pack, on the Viewpoint, will harbour all of your MP gear, leaving a fairly sized compartment above that should comfortably house your GoPro stuff. There is a nice zip compartment that runs across the back, and length of the bag that should house your MacBook, although I would double check on the size of that, as I just use it for my landing pad.

Reactions: Mikewilltakeyouto
No experience of the Seeker. But the slide out pack, on the Viewpoint, will harbour all of your MP gear, leaving a fairly sized compartment above that should comfortably house your GoPro stuff. There is a nice zip compartment that runs across the back, and length of the bag that should house your MacBook, although I would double check on the size of that, as I just use it for my landing pad.

Thanks for the help!

I do have a joystick cover, one of those 3d print hobbies off eBay. However, I don't actually use the bag as intended. I use that pouch thing for all of my mavic spares and accessories, and I have two, dedicated hard cases for both Mavic and controller, that I keep in the upper section. Because I don't take any other photographic gear with me, I have the luxury of a bit more space.

I like the peakdesign backpacks, expensive but their divider system is great to use and they have those quick release plates available for putting a normal camera on the strap. When I haven't taken the peakdesign I have just put the fly more combo bag at the bottom of a normal backpack as it protects everything well when travelling and allows you to take a smaller bag out for the day if you don't want all the other gear.

I don't think it would fit all my items, looks great though

Because I like to hike and take pictures I've been using Lowepro bags for a long time. I've never had any quality control issues with them and have never worn a bag out. I've always sold them or passed them on when I'm done with it.

You might be surprised what you can fit in a bag. I have the Lowepro AW 16L and while I don't carry a laptop it holds,
My DSLR with 3 lenses
My Contour that is about the same size as a GoPro
Cables for everything
two powerbanks
the Mavic in the DJI bag until my smaller cases arrive
Galaxy Tab
My Gorillapod is strapped to the outside and I carry water bottles in both of the side pockets.

Obviously this is only my setup for when I'm going to me around town or going on a short hike, if I'm going to put in some miles and need more gear I'll just toss the DJI bag into my bigger hiking backpack or use the belt loop to strap it to the outside. Small disclaimer: I have been backpacking since I was a kid and am very efficient at packing a bag. However my bag is smaller than the ones you posted it looks like. This is the one I'm using Lowepro Photo Hatchback 16L AW Backpack (Slate Gray) LP36431 B&H . I already had it and it works for most of what I do so unless I start carrying a laptop it's good.

I honestly recommend taking your laptop to a store that sells the bags and test them out. See how you like the feel.

Because I like to hike and take pictures I've been using Lowepro bags for a long time. I've never had any quality control issues with them and have never worn a bag out. I've always sold them or passed them on when I'm done with it.

You might be surprised what you can fit in a bag. I have the Lowepro AW 16L and while I don't carry a laptop it holds,
My DSLR with 3 lenses
My Contour that is about the same size as a GoPro
Cables for everything
two powerbanks
the Mavic in the DJI bag until my smaller cases arrive
Galaxy Tab
My Gorillapod is strapped to the outside and I carry water bottles in both of the side pockets.

Obviously this is only my setup for when I'm going to me around town or going on a short hike, if I'm going to put in some miles and need more gear I'll just toss the DJI bag into my bigger hiking backpack or use the belt loop to strap it to the outside. Small disclaimer: I have been backpacking since I was a kid and am very efficient at packing a bag. However my bag is smaller than the ones you posted it looks like. This is the one I'm using Lowepro Photo Hatchback 16L AW Backpack (Slate Gray) LP36431 B&H . I already had it and it works for most of what I do so unless I start carrying a laptop it's good.

I honestly recommend taking your laptop to a store that sells the bags and test them out. See how you like the feel.

Sweet man, that's my plan but as I live in New Zealand it's quite difficult to find shops reasonable close to home haha, but before I buy anything I'm planning to bring all my gear to a shop and fit it in the bag first to see if I like it, I really like The other bag I selected but as it only has one large pocket i'm not as fond of it, I like to have separate pockets for everything

The DRONE ADVENTURE BACKPACK looks very good. Wonder how this backpack will work riding motorcycle.
Check out what we developed in Amsterdam in the last months with Torvol.
It's a full line-up of drone carrying solutions, bags, backpacks and accessories.
Hope it helps!

Here's the website: Torvol | Drone accessories, drone backpacks, drone bags

The DRONE ADVENTURE BACKPACK looks very good, I think I can easily fit all my Mavic Pro Fly More Combo plus CS Ultra monitor in. Wonder how this backpack will work when riding motorcycle. Do you have any re-sellers in Canada or do you ship to Canada? Thanks!

I use the Osprey Atmos 50 for Mavic related hikes. It fits the drone, RC, 4 batteries, my iPad 10.5 + holder and sun hood, folded landing pad, DJI goggles, binoculars, some clothes, a camping chair and table (the last two strapped on bottom and side). Mavic and RC are stored in separate custom hard cases for protection. The batteries are in 2 lipo pouches.

All together quite heavy, but great for 1 day hikes with ALL my Mavic related equipment. And the Ospreys have a perfect carrying system. They can handle the weight and are comfortable, due to wide, padded straps and good air circulation on the back.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven