Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bad video feed to device

baddog

Reactions
Site
www.drone-scapes.com
Hi All,

I received a new drone from DJI to replace a drone thought to be at the bottom of the ocean, an entirely different story/post. Anyway, since I started flying the new drone I started getting subtle interference in my video feed to the device. It progressively got worse flight after flight, to where last flight I had about a 10% stable feed but most of the time forced to fly VLOS. Which makes it difficult to do certain maneuvers or determine actual distances from object, especially being 400 to 800 ft away.

Full 4K video that I pull off the SD card from Mavic is fine, it is just the low resolution video on device that is bad

I use an ASUS Zenpad 7" tablet on a Mav Mount and connect via the USB port on the underside of the controller. It worked fine on my original drone with no issues that I can remember. It was not until I started using the new drone with the original controller.

I did a flight test today using my Samsung S8 phone and the original connector cable that came with the Mavic Pro (Short cable connects to the side of controller), I had perfect video feed entire flight. I then plugged the tablet in the side port of the controller and again, no video feed issues.

I should have probably plugged the Samsung S8 into the bottom USB port of the controller but I pretty much determined at this point that the issue was with the bottom USB port on the controller. I did jiggle the cord around to see if that effected the feed at all, it did not. So it is not anything like a loose cable or something to that effect. I also used different cables as well.

My question is, is this something that can be repaired. Does DJI make a long cable for side plug of the controller?

Here is a link showing the a short example of the low res and the 4K video side by side

Any suggestions???

It looks like the standard Go 4 version Android compatibility issue. You might try a different version of Go 4 on the ASUS.

Really this could be a software issue? Are there articles about this in this forum or other places that I can read up on?
Bad video due to software or firmware updates are legionary with DJI. Their hardware is top class but the software that controls it is not trustworthy. There are several threads about this. You can start by entering "unusable video" in the search bar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soonerdrone
Awesome feed
Bad video due to software or firmware updates are legionary with DJI. Their hardware it top class but the software that controls it is not trustworthy. There are several threads about this. You can start by entering "unusable video" in the search bar.

This was great feedback and very helpful. I had to go to version 4.1.9 from 4.2.2 but it seems to have fix my video feed into the device screen issue. Before I rolled back I had fly VLOS. I was ready to buy another remote or get mine repaired. Is It odd that the side port worked though?

I am glad to have helped. Now make sure automatic updates are turned off so it will not change again.

I cannot comment of the side port functionality because I only use it for charging the RC. I have used the center USB port to connect my tablet since day 1.

Yup, already turned off automatic update. I guess I only need to update the DJI Go 4 app if it is substantial I guess. I have not use the side port since I got my tablet but I gave it a shot when the video start spewing up.

Thanks again

Reactions: Foja
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69