DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Balloons in Vang Vieng Laos. You can fly anywhere here.

John Gowland

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Vang Vieng in Laos is the most tolerant, drone flying place in Asia I have ever been to. If you are in the area you will find, after being polite and asking, you will always be allowed to fly. Truly amazing. Loads of things to do including a wild disco bar where the locals and tourists go wild, anything goes.Technically it is illegal without a local licence but you can fly anywhere.Mini 4 Pro, settings, all auto.

Nice!

Good flight! I like watching balloons fly. I've been to a couple of balloon festivals here in the US. Quite a spectacular. Love seeing them during "Dawn Patrol" (pre-sunrise launch) - they look like giant lanterns!

Reactions: John Gowland
Good flight! I like watching balloons fly. I've been to a couple of balloon festivals here in the US. Quite a spectacular. Love seeing them during "Dawn Patrol" (pre-sunrise launch) - they look like giant lanterns!
I'm with ya. I used to love the balloons and paper lanterns. Lanterns have so many possibilities in design. That was until my wife told me that these things eventually come down, land or sea, and animals can get caught in the balloon, or the ribbon, or ingest them. Ruined it for me.

Vang Vieng in Laos is the most tolerant, drone flying place in Asia I have ever been to. If you are in the area you will find, after being polite and asking, you will always be allowed to fly. Truly amazing. Loads of things to do including a wild disco bar where the locals and tourists go wild, anything goes.Technically it is illegal without a local licence but you can fly anywhere.Mini 4 Pro, settings, all auto.
Awesome sauce ,really nice work first of all ,I always wanted to video air ships and balloons ,most won't allow drone flight anywhere near them

Nice work! One suggestion if you have a chance to do this again - get on the sunny side of the balloons. It will make them look like giant Easter Eggs in the sky instead of darkened spheres.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_