DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can someone name me a place in GTA where I can legally fly a drone?

cclo

Reactions
Hi all, I currently thinking of buying the Mavic Mini. I never own a drone because of the laws around. I got rumors that the Mavic Mini 2 is coming and it is below 250g, the questions are where I can fly it in GTA? I live in Scarborough, I google around. No one can give me a straight answer where I can fly this thing but indoor. I know, where in the map shown in RED is not allow, There are a by-law that Parks are not allow, Nation Park also a No No. So where can I take this thing? It is kind of stupid even a mini drone under 250g is not allow in parks. I know there are lot of videos on YouTube that people flying drones in Toronto, and I believe most of them are did it illegally. I am still not sure I should spend that money to buy a drone that can't fly anywhere! All I need is a $1000 ticket. I heard people fly in Scarborough Bluffs, but then I saw a post that a person got warn not to fly his drone by a park official there, because it is a park which fall into the Toronto's Local By-Law.

Anyone here actually fly drone in and near Toronto? Can you tell me a place where I can do this? If not, I am not going to buy a drone that only can fly indoor. Many Thanks....

Last edited:
Reactions: FraserLW
Hi all, I currently thinking of buying the Mavic Mini. I never own a drone because of the laws around. I got rumors that the Mavic Mini 2 is coming and it is below 250g, the questions are where I can fly it in GTA? I live in Scarborough, I google around. No one can give me a straight answer where I can fly this thing but indoor. I know, where in the map shown in RED is not allow, There are a by-law that Parks are not allow, Nation Park also a No No. So where can I take this thing? It is kind of stupid even a mini drone under 250g is not allow in parks. I know there are lot of videos on YouTube that people flying drones in Toronto, and I believe most of them are did it illegally. I am still not sure I should spend that money to buy a drone that can't fly anywhere! All I need is a $1000 ticket. I heard people fly in Scarborough Bluffs, but then I saw a post that a person got warn not to fly his drone by a park official there, because it is a park which fall into the Toronto's Local By-Law.

Anyone here actually fly drone in and near Toronto? Can you tell me a place where I can do this? If not, I am not going to buy a drone that only can fly indoor. Many Thanks....
Hello I wanted to reach out to you as I was in the same situation my self. I contacted 311 and spoke to many others, also read the parks bylaws. They do not at all at this time state anywhere regarding the use of drones, therefore it is required under Transport Canada's laws that you must follow. The Bluffs is legally a great spot too. Just don't fly over a big crowd during summer. If you have a mini even better, watch Don Joyce on YouTube about the mini, he is very helpful. Before flying at parks however always double check with the park supervisor to double check, some supervisors do not like drones and other supervisors are okay with it as long as you follow TC regulations. Hope this helps!

But also now is a good time to sit tight and practice around your back yard on some decent days if you can. With COVID restrictions coming out it is best to do what we can to help all of our health frontline workers. Stay safe.

Search will turn up a lot of threads on this. Here’s one:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan