DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Batteries - Am I doing something wrong

spamgnome

Reactions
After about 15 months of owning my MA, all three batteries that came in the fly more combo pack are essentially toast. With 2 of the batteries, I've experienced a sudden voltage drop from 30-something % to 0% and the aircraft goes into landing mode. Luckily, I've been able to retrieve the drone both times, but it was not a fun flight. I monitor all of the batteries in AirData, and I'm now seeing major deviations in the third. I carefully follow all of recommendations on this forum as well as the care advice from DJI so I cannot imagine what I might be doing wrong. The # of charges on the batteries is: 49, 51, and 45, respectively. Any thoughts appreciated.

are you living somewhere that has high temps most of the year ,it seems heat is a battery killer ,or it could be that as you had the 3 batts at the same time they could have all come from a bad batch or particular supplier

are you living somewhere that has high temps most of the year ,it seems heat is a battery killer ,or it could be that as you had the 3 batts at the same time they could have all come from a bad batch or particular supplier
Hi, and thanks for the reply. I DO live in central Texas, so heat is a factor here...whether you're a battery or not :) When the temp approached the DJI maximum operating temp, I didn't fly, but I suppose that still could be a factor.

I'm actually wondering if theres something about the drone itself. In other words, is the drone itself somehow affecting / destroying the batteries...

I noticed that these batteries seems to get really Hot when you fly in sport Mode. So i would recomend to avoid it if not necessary.

I cannot get any help with charging my Mavic Air Batteries. I don`t even get the little green light when I push, and then hold.I have tried every outlet in the house.
How long your batteries have been stored?
And at which voltage more or less did you store them?
If you have the multiple charger, try to charge them one by one, connecting directly to the power supply battery connector.
It is also possible that the batteries entered the ibernation mode: in this case no leds are shown.
Charge it for a few hours even if it doesn't appear to respond, then try to turn it on...

Reactions: Jerry A
If it is new and still within the warranty period reach-out to DJI customer support for replacement batteries. I am sure they will help fast.

If it's used and has been in storage for months then the batteries are likely depleated to well below 3V and are done. They will have to be replaced.

If you bought it pre-owned with the understanding that the batteries were fine, reach out to the seller.

We really don't know much else about what you have so it is difficult to help you more. They cannot be fixed according to your description.

If they are new, the warranty should cover it.

If they are new old-stock and were sold as working they should be replaced.

If they are new and were sold as-is then S.O.L.

Unfortunately it is that cut and dry.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929