DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

batteries for Mavic Pro

wombat

Reactions
I am going overseas soon I know I have to get the batteries down to 20%, how long prior to leaving should I get the batteries down to 20% ?

do I also have to get the remote control down low ? if yes how low can I go ?

I thought that was the requirement for international travel from most airlines

No, there are no airlines that limits charge in any lithium or other battery chemistry.
That said, this is because they literally CAN'T with most batteries, phones, laptops, other such, so they haven't got a specific rule for drones, other than limits on wattages . . . but these are way over avg drone levels.

Saying that, I do, and would normally have at least partially discharged lipos in the little cabin bag bay above my head, so usually run mine down to 50% or so, that is my normal discharge level anyway.
But if I had one or two fully charged, I would just use my adapter to charge my phone or whatever in the days leading up.
(My auto discharge is set for 3 days, so I don't normally have to worry anyway.)
If you don't have a flymore discharge adapter, then just fire up the drone and leave it on but not started, or better still go for a fly around for the short 20 mins per battery to do the job :)

My controller ?
Although they also have a decent lipo in them, I have never worried about this.

Just carry them in cabin, and tape off (insulation tape) or isolate battery terminals with other means (I use small ziplock bags for each battery).

BTW, who are you flying with ?
If Emirates, they DON'T allow drones in cabin, so you would take batteries in cabin and drone carefully packed in checked bag.
Google your airline anyway and check, just punch in their name, drone, battery, and most will bring up their requirements.

No, there are no airlines that limits charge in any lithium or other battery chemistry.
That said, this is because they literally CAN'T with most batteries, phones, laptops, other such, so they haven't got a specific rule for drones, other than limits on wattages . . . but these are way over avg drone levels.

Saying that, I do, and would normally have at least partially discharged lipos in the little cabin bag bay above my head, so usually run mine down to 50% or so, that is my normal discharge level anyway.
But if I had one or two fully charged, I would just use my adapter to charge my phone or whatever in the days leading up.
(My auto discharge is set for 3 days, so I don't normally have to worry anyway.)
If you don't have a flymore discharge adapter, then just fire up the drone and leave it on but not started, or better still go for a fly around for the short 20 mins per battery to do the job :)

My controller ?
Although they also have a decent lipo in them, I have never worried about this.

Just carry them in cabin, and tape off (insulation tape) or isolate battery terminals with other means (I use small ziplock bags for each battery).

Thanks for that info, will follow your advice.

with Singapore Airlines

Thanks for that info, will follow your advice.

with Singapore Airlines

Easy one to find Google Sinapore airlines drone, the following comes up . . .

M1P / MPP battery = 43.6 Wh so no problems, well under the limit.
Maximum 100 Wh per item.
Ok in cabin in equipment or as spares (up to 20).
Ok in checked bag only if in the equipment.
Note the requirement to tape spare battery terminals.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll