DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Batteries

Shush_ya_mush

Reactions
I know LiPo batteries should be left around 60% charged when stored but the mini uses li-ion, can these be left fully charged or are they the same as LiPo?

3.7V per cell is the norm.

3.7V per cell is the norm.
3.7V is the “norm” to meet shipping requirements (bulk air cargo). A little on the low side for packs that might be stored for a while. 3.7V equates to 30% state if charge. 40% will give more margin for self discharge (chemical and smart board electronics).

Reactions: scooot and Thomas B
The norm is they are still "smart" batteries.
They will discharge on their own just like the Spark and the Mavic Air after 10 days for "storage".

As far as I’m aware the Mavic mini batteries do not self discharge

Reactions: scooot
I'll see if that is the case.
If I can leave a battery alone that long :D

As far as I’m aware the Mavic mini batteries do not self discharge
According to the manual on page 19 they do:
"The Mavic Mini Intelligent Flight Battery is a 7.2 V, 2400 mAh battery with smart charging and discharging functionality."

But then below with the warning sign they state this:
"The Mavic Mini Intelligent Flight Battery cannot discharge automatically. If the battery will not be used for more than 10 days, it is recommended to discharge the battery manually until the battery level is between 39% and 75% "

According to the manual on page 19 they do:
"The Mavic Mini Intelligent Flight Battery is a 7.2 V, 2400 mAh battery with smart charging and discharging functionality."

But then below with the warning sign they state this:
"The Mavic Mini Intelligent Flight Battery cannot discharge automatically. If the battery will not be used for more than 10 days, it is recommended to discharge the battery manually until the battery level is between 39% and 75% "
No , please check again under the heading of battery storage ...

I bough a discharger :) Do you guys know wether I just nee to connect the discharger to the 2 pos/neg ports, and then it should be good to go?

I bough a discharger :) Do you guys know wether I just nee to connect the discharger to the 2 pos/neg ports, and then it should be good to go?

I would just have a flight and land when between 50% and 60% this way I manually discharge the battery and have fun doing it -> but I fly every single day, so I can't test the 10 days thing.

I really enjoy my Mini hey guys - such little but fierce machine!!! I'm really really impressed with the quality of the video, 2.7K looks so clear, I mean the footage is crystal clear - such details are captured that I'm not missing 4K at all!

If you have the battery hub for the Mavic Mini (which is also part of the Fly More kit) it can be used as a power bank to discharge the batteries by hooking up USB loads like phones, iPads etc.

If you have the battery hub for the Mavic Mini (which is also part of the Fly More kit) it can be used as a power bank to discharge the batteries by hooking up USB loads like phones, iPads etc.

Yes it can, but then you need to pay attention that you need to unplug the battery, once it reaches the recommended threshold. If left untouched it will drain the battery with the lowest charge first, then move on to the next one and only after that one is discharged as well, it will go for the 3rd battery.

Like Mavic_Mini_Pilot wrote, it's more fun to fly for a couple of minutes, then get another battery and enjoy flying again for a couple of more minutes until you get each battery at 50% level that is considered safe for storage.

Does it come with instructions, or do you need to adapt something to make it work? Would you mind post a picture or link? I'd like to see how it looks like, as I need to admit that I have no clue how it is.

Yes it can, but then you need to pay attention that you need to unplug the battery, once it reaches the recommended threshold. If left untouched it will drain the battery with the lowest charge first, then move on to the next one and only after that one is discharged as well, it will go for the 3rd battery.

Like Mavic_Mini_Pilot wrote, it's more fun to fly for a couple of minutes, then get another battery and enjoy flying again for a couple of more minutes until you get each battery at 50% level that is considered safe for storage.

Does it come with instructions, or do you need to adapt something to make it work? Would you mind post a picture or link? I'd like to see how it looks like, as I need to admit that I have no clue how it is.

Sure thing, I have attached a picture. :)

It doesn't come with an adaptor, so I need to put something together. But i dont know wether I just need to drain from one set of the +/- or I need to do both of them in a parallel connection.

I would to prefer to fly, until half empty, butI live somewhere where that's not possible every day, and I dont think my misses would enjoy a hovering drone in the living room (Again) Hehe.

Attachments

• SKU138081-1.jpg
    SKU138081-1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 12
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet