DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery buckle for Mini 2 ? useful of stupid gadget

laurent45

Reactions
Hi MM2 pilots
I saw tonight on Ebay that you can battery buckle to prevent the battery hatch to open.
Reading the forum, I read that sometimes some crash are due to a battery loss.
So this device sounds like a good idea, but in addition to maybe make the MM2 goes over 250g, is-it a good idea to buy

Any feedback will be welcomed.

Hi MM2 pilots
I saw tonight on Ebay that you can battery buckle to prevent the battery hatch to open.
So this device sounds like a good idea, but in addition to maybe make the MM2 goes over 250g, is-it a good idea to buy

I don't think it's needed. The battery cover already snaps shut.

I’ve had the Mini and Mini 2, yes if you have a hard crash the battery does pop out, it happened to me on my Mini 1 (There are also plenty of posts discussing the battery popping in the event of a crash). I use this sometimes and it’s very effective, I’ve fitted Velcro to it and use it to mount a strobe light either on the top or read of the drone.

Hi MM2 pilots

I can't understand how you can lose the battery if you don't close the door?? And how can the battery override the lock you have to disengage to remove the battery even if you don't close the door. 100% stupid product. I don't belive a crash is caused by loss of battery.

I would agree to simply use tape. When I use Lume Cube lights I wrap some tape around the mounts that connect to the drone as an extra precaution. I lost a Mavic 2 Zoom due to a mount popping up and into the propeller.

I don't think it's needed. The battery cover already snaps shut.
I agree. When I had a Mini briefly, the battery cover seemed pretty good at securing the battery in. With my Spark, I always use a battery clip because of the design of the battery clips and the history of known problems.

Chris

I also can't see it as a necessary item, not only does the battery door latch pretty tight, but the battery itself is quite secure in the aircraft even with the door open. There are devices for sale just to get the battery out of the aircraft because the button that must be depressed to remove it is tough for some people to do.

Hi MM2 pilots

My battery loss was due to a crash lol.

On the Mini 1 the battery itself locks in, there's a little catch on the battery you have to push in to get the battery out. Then the door also snaps shut, this item seems pretty pointless unless MM2 batteries don't lock in?

On the Mini 1 the battery itself locks in, there's a little catch on the battery you have to push in to get the battery out. Then the door also snaps shut, this item seems pretty pointless unless MM2 batteries don't lock in?
They are the same. Battery is locked inside the Mini 2 until you release the latch by pushing the tab in on the battery after opening the door.

Reactions: DJayI
Hi MM2 pilots

One of the reasons I gave up on cheaper clones and moved to a Mavic Mini was watching the result of a battery dropping out at 20m above a watercourse. Never had a problem with DJI products' positive lock. Losing signal with range and obstructions far more of an issue.

One of the reasons I gave up on cheaper clones and moved to a Mavic Mini was watching the result of a battery dropping out at 20m above a watercourse. Never had a problem with DJI products' positive lock. Losing signal with range and obstructions far more of an issue.
I don’t think battery disconnects were ever a problem on either Mini (1 or2) because as mentioned above the battery clips in pretty tight even before the door is closed. The earlier DJI Spark did have a problem with some of the early battery clips releasing mid flight necessitating the need for a battery clip as an extra safety measure.

Chris

The battery cover snaps shut. I have never had it come open on me.
I can see that the compartment could come open in a hard crash. I guess my question is how often are you crashing and why.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada