DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Care Tips for Beginners

Mtn. Man

Reactions
I just purchased a MA (yay!) and I want this to last me quite awhile. I know the LiPo batteries are sensitive and I was wondering if there are any surefire ways to keep them in prime condition. Should I store them at a certain %? Not deplete to 0%? Only charge them for a certain amount of time? I bought the fly more that comes with 3 batteries and the multi charger. Any prior experience helps a ton!

Thanks in advance!

-New Pilot

Some people do not discharge the LiPo's below 50 percent for the first 10 flights. Then not less than 40 % for the next 10 flights and so forth.
Does it help to battery condition. Perhaps...

Reactions: Mtn. Man
Some people do not discharge the LiPo's below 50 percent for the first 10 flights. Then not less than 40 % for the next 10 flights and so forth.
Does it help to battery condition. Perhaps...

Odd, I've never heard of someone doing this. I might have to try it out. Hell worst case scenario I save some $$ on batteries later haha.

If you search battery conditioning there should be results shown that indicate the process to follow. Its kinda rough when you want to keep flying and you have to use self control and bring the bird back at 50 %.

Nice- so the batteries actually discharge to optimal storage level automatically. I didn’t know that.
Yep!

You just need to make sure they don't discharge too low if sitting unused for long periods of time.

Hmmm seems as if that "stow" equilibrium is a rubberband stretched wanting to return back to relaxed state. That state keeps slowly changing as battery gets repeated usage

Contingent with zero wind i really like to fly each dawn dusk when quiescence conditions favor. But windy days obstruct daily routine said flying. Moving drone held mp4 energized endures long nonflight battery drain (16gb moved roughly 8-10 minutes (slow host os? GalaxyS8 64gb base sdcard128gb) although hiccups can occur requiring start over completely. So i once witness craft expire in moving mp4's off of craft, shutting itself off automatically. Cause of hiccup is when s8 screen timeout 15 seconds occurs. So keep fingertip contacting screen resolves hiccups permanently.

Thats one single episode resulting in "non-hibernate status"? None status led(s).

That "injured" battery flies the fastest fwd speed flight records! Weird but very consistent

Thank you. This is perfect for me.

Wow i stumbled on non mavic air capability "way point" flight path programmable from the link. How come mavic air doesn't feature it? Mavic air lacks appropriate hardware software to do so?

Battery longevity grooming fully understood: must be vigil and fortunately intrinsic design auto grooms partial relying on user responsibility augmenting intrinsic auto discharge protection (longevity)

A better question : how to attain battery status into true factory fresh "HYBERNATE"?

The battery will enter hibernation mode automatically. See page 4:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mav...ent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines v1.0.pdf

None light emmitting diodes?
Does that signify "hybernate"?
Or once hybernate is changed by 1st ever charging it can never be regained after?
Truly, is factory new hybernate only a postal delivery workaround, kinda like the mentality of removing the battery contact insulator that factory installs for user to remove permitting amperes to flow?

None light emmitting diodes?
Does that signify "hybernate"?
Or once hybernate is changed by 1st ever charging it can never be regained after?
Truly, is factory new hybernate only a postal delivery workaround, kinda like the mentality of removing the battery contact insulator that factory installs for user to remove permitting amperes to flow?
I don't have a MA, but I interpret the battery guide as stating that:
• The LED's will not light once in hibernate mode so if no LED's light it is either a dead battery or in hibernation. If it is a good battery you can bring it out of hibernation by charging.
• The battery will go into hibernate mode "if depleted and stored for a long period". I don't know what level "depleted" is or how much time constitutes a "long period".
• I don't know about any postal workaround. I can only hope that the battery designers set this hibernate function because it is best for the batteries, similar to the automatic discharge function.

That might have intended to read: depleted OR hibernation mode.
Either way, the battery itself is disconnected from the electronics that would turn it on, so external power (charger) would be needed to activate the electronics.

You can change the setting of when your battery goes into hibernation mode in your DJI GO 4 app when the battery is connected to your drone. You must do each battery separately. It comes pre-programmed 10 days of no use it hibernates.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrantleyB