DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery charge level for storage

Mr. RTH

Reactions
Hello,
As a new Mavic pilot I've been reading as much as free time allows. However there are still some questions I can't find a conclusive answer.
Regarding the intelligent battery, let's say I fly until it is 30% to 40% and then I know I won't be flying for a while (5 days or so). Should I give it a quick charge to get it up to 50%, or is it safe to store the battery only with that amount of remaining power? If so, what would be the low limit? And a final question: should I remove the battery off the Mavic when not in use for that same time (about 5 days)?

Thanks in advance!

I have been using my 3 mavic batteries for 13 months and I charge them after use once they have cooled down and set them to auto discharge after 10 days via the DJI GO 4 app and they are all working just fine.

I think the issue is if they have too little power in them and left for a while without use.

Reactions: Mr. RTH
let's say I fly until it is 30% to 40% and then I know I won't be flying for a while (5 days or so). Should I give it a quick charge to get it up to 50%
30%-40% is an okay storage level. If you're going to store your batteries for long periods of time (several months), then make sure you keep an eye on them like this.

should I remove the battery off the Mavic when not in use for that same time (about 5 days)?
It's fine to keep the battery connected to the Mavic.

Reactions: Mr. RTH
And when flying whats the lowest level to fly the battery till ? Like should i land when at 25% or running it down to 10% is better and healthier for the battery.

Reactions: welderstudent
I always land between 20% & 15% normally

My battery low alarm is now set to 30% but it depends how far I'm flying and/or the wind. I always want some cushion in case something goes wrong. I've had unexpected winds churn up while out about 4000' out and barely made it back to the launch point. You also have to check when a low battery activates the return to home. I was filming a lattice bridge when the low battery warning came on. At that time I had the warning set to 20% and if my MP reached the auto RTH value, my quad would have flew straight up into the bridge. Luckily it didn't take too long to fly it out of the bridge.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00