DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery charge times?

wco81

Reactions
Trying to decide whether to get the Fly More bundle.

Seems like besides the two additional batteries, the battery hub could be worth it, depending on whether it speeds up the charging times.

How long does a standard charger take to fully recharge a battery?

I understand the hub only charges sequentially so presumably the total charge time would be 3 times whatever the standard charger which comes with the regular M2P?

I would also imagine the car charger takes longer to charge a battery than either of the wall chargers?

I have one. The charger is sequential, about 1-1.5 hrs/battery... but I can charge 4 without watching since it auto shuts off. The charger that came with my M2P will only do one at a time at the same speed... so the issue is changing the battery. The batteries and hub sold it for me. I only use the bag for extra stuff since I use a GPC case for flight essentials.

Total charge time is only 1-1.5 hours?

So if you fly it 25-30 minutes and put it on the charger it goes full in 1.5 hours?

if you want to charge 3 or more batteries at the same time then you will need an aftermarket charger, the one i have will charge 3 batts in the same time it takes to charge one with the original charger

if you want to charge 3 or more batteries at the same time then you will need an aftermarket charger, the one i have will charge 3 batts in the same time it takes to charge one with the original charger

Link?

Do all these chargers including the one which comes with the M2P and the battery hub all support worldwide voltages (100-240V)?

Link?

Do all these chargers including the one which comes with the M2P and the battery hub all support worldwide voltages (100-240V)?
the one i have does, the battery hub as stated before charges the batteries one at a time depending on what remaining charge is left in each one ,and is perfectly adequate if you are not in a rush to charge multiple batts at the same time

It’s NOT A HUGE savings, but it gives you everything you really need and then some. Having only one battery is extremely frustrating. Buying everything separately is more costly. I bought by M2P separately, just because I already had a LowePro Drone Guard 250 back pack case. I didn’t want to pay for the little man purse. A day later, I ordered 2 extra batteries, props, and a charging hub. I spent at least as much, if not more, and did not get everything in the fly more package. I would say get it. Especially if you don’t already have a case of some sort.

Can that case fit all of the stuff that comes with the Fly More as well as the drone?

Can that case fit all of the stuff that comes with the Fly More as well as the drone?
Not for me.
BTW DJI does have a 4 battery charger, but it is sequential starting with the highest charged battery.

Last edited:
I recommend the Fly More Combo
After careful study, I bought the M2P Fly More kit, the PowerExtra 5-in-1 parallel charger, the Freewell folding landing pad, and the Zadii hard case thru Amazon (fast, free shipping, no sales tax). Glad I did. With the removal of less than a cubic inch of foam from inside the case, everything I need fits inside including landing pad, needed cables and backups, I-Pad 4 Mini, sunshade, spare props, 3 batts, ND filter kit, Strobon Cree lights, and the Power Extra charger.

The Power Extra input of 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz should work most anywhere. I looked into a 6-in-1 charger (F-Stop, I think), but it got spotty reviews. The only downer is, that to make the 5-in-1 fit in my case, I lose storage for a fourth battery. Only have three anyway.

When I'm on the road, I'll use up my batteries in the AM, have a nice lunch somewhere that has an A/C outlet I can use, then fly again in the PM. When I'm in downtown SF, The DJI store near the Transamerica tower lets me charge my kit there. Lots of good eats nearby!

The Zadii case fits into my inexpensive carry-on backpack from Costco, along with my laptop, headphones and other stuff I need in the terminal and on the flight. It fits neatly under a standard coach seat when I need it to.

My point is, assess your needs and do your research. But for most of us, the Fly More combo is hard to beat.

Last edited:
Someday this week I'll measure the recharge time on my Power Extra 5 in 1. Most importantly, I'll simulate a real-world scenario by flying my 3 batts down to, say, 25% with the same flight-time drain on my charger and Ipad. I might also time a zero to 100% recharge just as a comparison. I'll be sure to post the results.

What does the landing pad do?

Doesn’t the M2P land automatically on wherever you put it?

What does the landing pad do?

Doesn’t the M2P land automatically on wherever you put it?

It will land anywhere, but it’s to keep it out of the muk. Tall grass as well, which will destroy your props! It also gives the downward sensors a good contrast, for more precise landing.

MP2 Recharge Time with Powerextra 5 in 1 Charger

Start:
Batt 1: 18%
Batt 2: 23%
Batt 3: 23%
Charger: 58%
I Pad 4: 50%

64 Minutes:
Batt 1: Unknown
Batt 2: Unknown
Batt 3: Unknown
Charger: 100%
I Pad 4: 74%

70 Minutes:
Batt 1: Unknown
Batt 2: 100%
Batt 3: 100%
I Pad 4: 75%

74 Minutes:
Batt 1: 100%
I Pad 4: 77%

120 Minutes:
I Pad 4: 95%
Test aborted.

Conclusions:
74 minutes for full recharge is pretty good.

The poor recharge performance for my I Pad 4 Mini may be atypical. I bought it used 2 years ago for use as a dedicated MP monitor. Its battery may be failing. I'll retest it alone later with new cable and again with OEM charger to see if recharge performance improves. If it doesn't, I can replace its battery for $99. But I may wait for the Crystal Sky 2 if it ever hits the market.

Reactions: JoeBWan
I did a test on the weekend, with all 3 batteries having the 3rd light blinking, it took right about 2 hours to charge all 3, sequentially, on the included multi-charger. A little slower than I predicted for sure, but now I know for next time to just charge them overnight or leave myself more time.

The poor recharge performance for my I Pad 4 Mini may be atypical. I bought it used 2 years ago for use as a dedicated MP monitor. Its battery may be failing. I'll retest it alone later with new cable and again with OEM charger to see if recharge performance improves. If it doesn't, I can replace its battery for $99. But I may wait for the Crystal Sky 2 if it ever hits the market.

The iPad Mini 4 can only take a 12W charge, which is very slow, so there likely isn't anything wrong with it. If it holds a charge normally, the battery is very likely fine. If it's getting any less than 12W from the Powerextra charger, it will obviously charge even slower yet. Also as it nears 100%, the iPad will gradually slow it's charge rate down to about 2W which is essentially a trickle charge, so the last 5-10% takes longer. A full charge of the Mini 4 takes over 3 hours at max wattage.

Reactions: Hauptmann
Hi, Canada Drone
If you're correct, so be it. I'll just unhook after 74 minutes. This will leave my I Pad at 77%, enough for the afternoon session. Then I'll let it charge overnight at home. Thanks for your response!

Reactions: CanadaDrone

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905