DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery, charging and mounting solution for my incoming amps?

Elton Hammonds

Reactions
It's time again for me to query the brain trust before trying to reinvent the wheel... :)

These are the amps I've ordered for my Mavic 2 Pro controller with a Raptor XR antenna: (one for each side)

Sunhans eSunRC 2000mW 33dBm 2.4GHz & 5.8GHz Dual Band WiFi Signal Booster Wireless Signal Extender Amplifier For RC DJI Drone https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073GS2QCQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_SOIPBb0E7V1JD

Anyone have any links or suggestions for mounting these amps to the remote, which 14v 2A batteries work the best, how do you mount and charge your suggested batteries based upon their experience?1537616981339.jpeg

Reactions: Drone_guy
How did it go? Amp help at all?
I'm still tied up with home improvement projects with the cooler weather we are finally getting, so I haven't hooked them up yet.

I wish I had a signal strength meter to check it before flying off into possible unexpected trouble over my lake.

I'm also staring down the Reaper with the micro sized blower fans on the kitchen counter, trying to figure out how I'll be mounting and powering them...

So many ideas and projects, so few hours in a day...

Elton, how did this work out? I sold off my Raptor SR and bought a Raptor XR with a booster. The booster has 2 Sunhans 3 watt amps and a 4000 mAh battery. I haven't had a chance to fly it yet but I plan to soon.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Elton, how did this work out?
I haven't gotten back to it yet. :)

I've been working on my other neglected toys and home improvement for a little while.

I heard there is a firmware update for the M2P over the last month and the Enterprise was released, but haven't updated and don't see how the M2E can justify the price over our M2P.

If I could find someone that offers a 3d printed mount, that would be awesome, and Phantom Help said they might print one for me, but I haven't decided on a power cell, which would have to be decided before getting back to them to figure out the printing...

I haven't even gotten into figuring out the micro sized blower fan mounting either.

I need a 72 hour day from now on to get everything figured out and done...LOL

LOL...I hear ya! Why do you think you'll need fans? Wouldn't cooling slots be enough?

With my SR I was able to fold the panel for storage while still connected to the remote but I can't with the XR. Are you able to fold the XR like the SR?

20180926_113759_resized_1.jpg

Last edited:
LOL...I hear ya! Why do you think you'll need fans? Wouldn't cooling slots be enough?

With my SR I was able to fold the panel for storage while still connected to the remote but I can't with the XR. Are you able to fold the XR like the SR?

View attachment 51959
I just remove my XR and slip it into a neoprene tablet sleeve, like the one I got off eBay for my Lenovo Tab 4 10 that I fly with, leaving the 90° connectors and cables on the antenna.

I'm eventually going to have to get a larger rugged case that I have now to more easily squeeze all any auxiliary equipment for traveling, but I hope to stay within TSA and European carry on size. It's going to be tight, but I have to get it all in there if my wife and I will be going globe hopping on military flights.

From my days of building PCs, I'm always looking to improve cooling, flight time and mission capability. :)

I just remove my XR and slip it into a neoprene tablet sleeve, like the one I got off eBay for my Lenovo Tab 4 10 that I fly with, leaving the 90° connectors and cables on the antenna.

I'm eventually going to have to get a larger rugged case that I have now to more easily squeeze all any auxiliary equipment for traveling, but I hope to stay within TSA and European carry on size. It's going to be tight, but I have to get it all in there if my wife and I will be going globe hopping on military flights.

From my days of building PCs, I'm always looking to improve cooling, flight time and mission capability. :)

Ahhh ok, I'll either have to do the same or maybe file a small part of the bracket down that will allow it to sit more flat.

Ahhh ok, I'll either have to do the same or maybe file a small part of the bracket down that will allow it to sit more flat.
That might work... :)

Let me know if you do file another set of notches.

I might do the same thing once I get my amps, their battery and cables figured out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom