DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

battery consumption diffrent flying direction

Felix Wolter

Reactions
Hej there,
can anyone tell me if it makes a diffrence in the consumption of batteries if I fly backwards, forwards or sideways?

Thanks a lot!
F

Off the cuff, with no testing, sideways will be least efficient and slowest due to the larger area creating higher parasitic drag. The fuselage of the drone is not particularly aerodynamic in the first place, Giving up much of that to the draggy camera and gimbal. Make it go sideways and it's a real pig. :)

It also depends on which way the wind is blowing.

Reactions: Dedal
what lastrexking meant i believe is whether the drone is flying with the wind or into the wind,to make headway into the wind will require more power thus more battery consumption ,no matter which way it is facing relative to the wind

what lastrexking meant i believe is whether the drone is flying with the wind or into the wind,to make headway into the wind will require more power thus more battery consumption ,no matter which way it is facing relative to the wind
I would tend to agree with @Lastrexking and you, thought exactly the same thing when I first read OP's question, just didn't want to put myself... Into the wind. ;)

Exactly! Thank you @old man mavic

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User711