DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery dropped from 53% to 0% ,almost lost my MA

Then again.
18% to 0% same battery.
For me i think it is the battery fault.
I have 4 battery i have made a test just fly over the pad and drain the 4 battery.
the same battery drop 18% to 0% and land on site. The 3 oders ask permition to land at 15%.
I’ve since drained to below 8% on all 3 batteries as instructed by Dji and have had no issues. Maybe give it a try.

I’ve flown numerous times at about -5c. I keep the batteries warm and stay away from snow. This isn’t a temp issue. OPs was just fine

Here too 9min.35sec.
Battery drop 51% to 0% in 1 sec.
No sport mode. Update all done.

that log looks normal, no battery issue.
abxZjM8.png

I’ve since drained to below 8% on all 3 batteries as instructed by Dji and have had no issues. Maybe give it a try.

Did you drain your battery to a certain value below 8% or all the way down until it turned off as in 0%? or just at 8% or 7% and then recharged it? Someone mentioned that this deep cycle process calibrates the batteries. If that's the case how often should we let the batteries go down that much? Like based on the warning threshold I would have assumed at 25% i would stop using the battery and start recharging it from there. On some occasions I guess you might take it to much lower than that.

This entire thread is scary to think that DJI have been in this game for so long and people are experiencing this kind of issue with batteries.

Reactions: chankc28
Did you drain your battery to a certain value below 8% or all the way down until it turned off as in 0%? or just at 8% or 7% and then recharged it? Someone mentioned that this deep cycle process calibrates the batteries. If that's the case how often should we let the batteries go down that much? Like based on the warning threshold I would have assumed at 25% i would stop using the battery and start recharging it from there. On some occasions I guess you might take it to much lower than that.

This entire thread is scary to think that DJI have been in this game for so long and people are experiencing this kind of issue with batteries.

I posted Dji email in this thread somewhere,but they said to drain it below 8% or till it doesn’t turn on then charge it up and do the process again.

I posted Dji email in this thread somewhere,but they said to drain it below 8% or till it doesn’t turn on then charge it up and do the process again.

Oh, so drain it til it's drained then charge fully then drain it again and then charge fully again and then that's done?

Oh, so drain it til it's drained then charge fully then drain it again and then charge fully again and then that's done?
Unless you're attempting to correct the issue noted in this thread, you won't benefit from cycling your batteries.

that log looks normal, no battery issue.
abxZjM8.png
Thanks, i'm looking for the good file on my cell. Could you please look at this one? It's my 2 flight of this day. I'm mot equip too read this type of file for now.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-04-09_[16-38-28].txt
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Nice. It's help me to understand.
Honestly, i can't say if i already have drain this batt. At 52%. It was 6 charge done.

Verry sory for those download the wrong flight log. My bad.

Nice. It's help me to understand.
Honestly, i can't say if i already have drain this batt. At 52%. It was 6 charge done.

Verry sory for those download the wrong flight log. My bad.

There are some very strange features in those data:

2018-04-09_[16-38-28]_01.png

There are three periods of completely impossible cell voltages, the first two accompanied by a BatteryTempVoltageLow status. The PhantomHelp viewer appears to ignore those voltages and reports unchanging values, together with some cell deviation warnings. The third instance produces a different battery status (8718) that is interpreted only as "Other", which is not very helpful, and the sudden drop to 0%.

I have no idea what to make of that.

I have no idea what to make of that.

the cell voltage for cell1 looks normal
the cell voltage for cell2 and 3 have an issue.

cell 2 drops about the same as cell 3 increases.
It could be a balancing issue. Some "stuck" or wrongly controlled bypass (FETs).

8dadrHP.png

Reactions: BudWalker
The PhantomHelp viewer appears to ignore those voltages and reports unchanging values, together with some cell deviation warnings.
Perhaps the converter you're using is not working properly?

Perhaps the converter you're using is not working properly?

That was my first thought too, but those data are in the log, and correspond with other fields showing battery status changes. The PhantomHelp converter just shows goes to completely constant voltages for those periods on all cells, which is also unphysical, though in a different way.

So it's definitely not real, and it could be a logging problem or a measurement problem, but it doesn't look like a converter problem. Not a satisfactory explanation at all, I realize.

the cell voltage for cell1 looks normal
the cell voltage for cell2 and 3 have an issue.

cell 2 drops about the same as cell 3 increases.
It could be a balancing issue. Some "stuck" or wrongly controlled bypass (FETs).

8dadrHP.png

CsvView seems to be reading different values both PhantomHelp and the version of TXTlogToCSVtool that I'm using. I've seen that cell voltage pattern before in other log files, but not in this one.

CsvView seems to be reading different values both PhantomHelp and the version of TXTlogToCSVtool that I'm using. I've seen that cell voltage pattern before in other log files, but not in this one.
Could you start TXTlogToCSVtool and then click the About button. That should show you the version date
upload_2018-4-12_6-32-5.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato