DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery dropped from 53% to 0% ,almost lost my MA

Mine was fixed by replacing the battery which I guess must have been faulty. Had about 20-30 successful flights since.

I’m new to the drone scene. Unfortunately I have had the same fault with 2 battery’s now. I sent one back and were given a replacement and this has now done the exact same after a couple of uses. Dropped from 52% straight to 0% forcing emergency landings. Luckily both times I’ve managed to land ok. My original battery That came with the Mavic Air seems fine. Has anyone solved the issue or do I need to send the battery back to the shop? Thanks for any advice

I’m new to the drone scene. Unfortunately I have had the same fault with 2 battery’s now. I sent one back and were given a replacement and this has now done the exact same after a couple of uses. Dropped from 52% straight to 0% forcing emergency landings. Luckily both times I’ve managed to land ok. My original battery That came with the Mavic Air seems fine. Has anyone solved the issue or do I need to send the battery back to the shop? Thanks for any advice

That's the only thing that fixed it for me after trying everything else...

I came to Google looking for answers and landed here.

Just got back from flying and was about 10' away from taking my mavic air for a swim.

Was crushing around with no issue for I'm gonna guess 10 min or so (havent looked at flight data.... got a learn how to do that still) and I had JUST got it back over the sandy beach when it pretty much fell out of the air. Claimed at had 0% battery when I know I had just looked at it and it was at 53% . Scared the **** out of me. I had 2 other fully charged batteries but didnt even wanna out em in and go flying again untill I did some googling.

This is going to turn out to be a software issue else someone has manufactured a pile of faulty batteries. If I were forced to guess I would say that a value of the battery charge percentage is getting messed up somewhere in the code following a battery update. Some value is getting left behind or reporting incorrectly and is getting triggered around 50%.

Some new batteries need to be discharged and charged before reaching there full potential. imho could be something that simple.

Hi, new here.
Just had the same issue happened to me today. I am in Colorado and the battery went from 55% to 0% in a split second; forced landing and pretty much crashed in the snow.
Interestingly enough, even though the app says 0% and the battery shows one light, I was still able to power the drone back at home and it still stream video proving that there is still juice in that battery.

I called DJI today but they were unhelpful, I feel like I was speaking to some lady in a call center.

Not sure what to do at this point honestly.

Hi, new here.
Just had the same issue happened to me today. I am in Colorado and the battery went from 55% to 0% in a split second; forced landing and pretty much crashed in the snow.
Interestingly enough, even though the app says 0% and the battery shows one light, I was still able to power the drone back at home and it still stream video proving that there is still juice in that battery.

I called DJI today but they were unhelpful, I feel like I was speaking to some lady in a call center.

Not sure what to do at this point honestly.

If you are not confident analyzing the flight log then you can post it here. If the data support the problem that you describe then you can open a ticket with DJI and use the analysis to support your claim.

I had the same thing happen to me here: Sudden Battery Critical Landing

I contacted DJI and they had me run a hover test (where nothing went wrong) and they said I was fine to fly it again. I flew it again outside a couple days later (but didn’t go far with it because I was afraid of emergency landing again) and it ran fine. I wonder if this is a firmware issue or a batch of bad batteries? I purchased within a month ago as well.

Yeah it could be firmware as the battery still actually had 50% left (confirmed by looking in the app where they list the amount of volt in each cell) but the battery was still thinking that it had 0%. Very strange.

Event at 0, there's some power. Some have continued flying for several minutes after reaching 0. What it won't do once you reach critical battery is engine start after it has stopped.

Also happened to me. Bought brand new from B&H, flew it the next day without updating any firmware (yeah my bad). See below, battery dropped from 55% to 0%, and my MA tried to RTH but tried "auto-landed" somewhere. What is scary is after it descended, I lost my signal. Good thing, I drove, search, found it in 10 minutes and it is still hovering!!

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 10.27.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 7.26.20 AM.png
Here is my flight log, is it me or is it happening around 50% battery for most people that had the issue ?

View attachment 59379
Here is my flight log, is it me or is it happening around 50% battery for most people that had the issue ?

There have been several similar reports, and they have all been around the 50% level. Unfortunately no one has reported back to say if or how it was resolved. It could be faulty batteries or a firmware issue (mismatch most likely).

There have been several similar reports, and they have all been around the 50% level. Unfortunately no one has reported back to say if or how it was resolved. It could be faulty batteries or a firmware issue (mismatch most likely).

All of my firmware was up to date at the time of the issue.

For me it was the battery. I have done a lot of flight since this incident without the defect battery and all is fine with the air. Dji should look seriously on this unsafe issue.

I buy my air with fly more package.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3