DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery error with 2 of my 3 batteries

I am wondering if anyone was able to recover an battery with 'battery error' in the meantime?

Yes, have fixed several batteries with those error by balancing the cells to equal voltages.
It need some tools and equipment.

Only 1 battery is now on 'Battery error' with these volts on the 3 cells: 4,16V, 4,31V, 4,31V

Definitely the cells are out of balance, 4.31 - 4.16 = 0.15V which is unacceptable value.

Yes, have fixed several batteries with those error by balancing the cells to equal voltages.
It need some tools and equipment.

Definitely the cells are out of balance, 4.31 - 4.16 = 0.15V which is unacceptable value.
Could you point me to some more information how to do this?

Just found this tutorial Tutorial: How to fix a Battery cell error on a DJI battery
When your way it about the same, I think I do not start trying..

Last edited:
Yes, that tutorial descibes quite well what to do for cell balancing.
One should be familiar with LiPo safeties, and have enough soldering experience and basic electrical knowledges, otherwise it would be better to intrust that job to workshop technician.

I have tried all 3 batteries in the Mavic to note all cell voltages again. None of the 3 batteries gives a battery error now. Isn't this strange?

The voltages of the cells per battery is as followes:

BatteryCell 1Cell 2Cell 3
#1 (low battery, about 20%)3.603.603.61
#23.763.843.83
#33.863.863.76

Now #2 has 80mV and #3 has 100mV imbalance so error has gone but during the flight in could happen again if difference increases. Me recommend you to find out someone who could balance the cells before using those 2 batteries in the drone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain_Rick