DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery failure mid flight

It went from 52 to 0% straight within a second. Then I had a warning of forced landing. When I look at the battery on the info screen when I managed to land the thing it’s still showing green and over half full on all the cells.
I don’t think the battery is actually flat it just thinks it’s flat.

Did you get a battery warning?

It went from 52 to 0% straight within a second. Then I had a warning of forced landing. When I look at the battery on the info screen when I managed to land the thing it’s still showing green and over half full on all the cells.
I don’t think the battery is actually flat it just thinks it’s flat.

Bad connection? Make sure you get the firm click when installing a battery.

I’ll bare that in mind but I’m sure it was secure. Wouldn’t that loose all power? The drone was still powered up when I landed?

Bad connection? Make sure you get the firm click when installing a battery.
I’ll bare that in mind but I’m sure it was secure. Wouldn’t that loose all power? The drone was still powered up when I landed?

I'm pretty sure (but not certain) that it's the smart battery itself reporting the battery level, so even if there were a poor connection to the AC that dropped the supply voltage it shouldn't manifest in that way.

I seem to recall reading that the M1Pro tends to have a problem with the board that connects to the battery. From what I understand, the board has electronics on it, despite its size.

Quick update guys. I had the battery replaced. I fully charged it up and refreshed the firmware before I used it. First flight was a success. Hopefully that’s sorted now! Thanks for the advice.

Reactions: Lastrexking
Glad it’s sorted. Happy flying.

I shut contacted the dji support service and they said I needed to update the battery to the newest firmware. They said the problem should be fixed so we'll see. I'll probably conduct some hovering tests first
How do you update the battery firmware!!??

How do you update the battery firmware!!??
You can update the battery firmware in DJI GO like this. If using the DJI Assistant 2 application, you'll see a similar prompt if the firmware on the battery needs to be updated.

Reactions: fdewarren
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin