DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery firmware update?

Jeb

Reactions
Hi- I did read the manual, searched YouTube and used the search function on the forum, but I’m still confused about something, so I could use some clarity if you’re willing...

Yesterday, I read about someone’s Mavic Pro dropping out of the sky. Someone commented, “did you update the firmware on the batteries?”

I’m not seeing anything that clearly explains how to do this. Can someone steer me towards a clear step by step on this? I have updated firmware in the last week, but I’m not sure about the batteries.

Thanks

I read about someone’s Mavic Pro dropping out of the sky. Someone commented, “did you update the firmware on the batteries?”
Strange comment.

I’m not seeing anything that clearly explains how to do this. Can someone steer me towards a clear step by step on this? I have updated firmware in the last week, but I’m not sure about the batteries.
If the firmware for the currently installed battery needs to be updated, DJI GO will display an "Inconsistent Firmware Found" message like this.

Batteries update along with the aircraft firmware. Batteries that aren’t updated will display the message that msinger showed you.

Thanks. So- do the batteries update themselves through the Mavic once it has the latest firmware? I don’t need to perform a specific action with each battery?

Very helpful- thanks guys.

So- do the batteries update themselves through the Mavic once it has the latest firmware? I don’t need to perform a specific action with each battery?
Not exactly.

When you update the Mavic firmware, the installed battery will also be automatically updated (if needed). For other spare batteries, you'll need to manually update them (if needed). See the video I linked above.

Reactions: Inspirephil
Reactions: Inspirephil
Just this past weekend I went to ensure my Mavic 2 Zoom and controller were up-to-date. They were not, and when updating the drone itself, it let me know the battery needed updating. After doing the first battery, I shut down and started the routing with another battery. It updated. Same for battery #3. A bit time consuming, but even an old flange head like could get it done.

I have had my MP Fly More system now for over 2 years and have NEVER been required to do a battery update.
I purchased my friend's MP system when he decided to go to the Evo and that included 3 extra batteries which I kept to use with my original MP system. (I sold everything else I got from my friend)
The additional batteries, even though they came from a different MP system, when used with my original MP have also NEVER required an update.
Should I be concerned?

Firmware updates are tedious and time consuming but necessary for safe flights. They don’t seem to happen frequently but they are essential for your drone.
I have a friend who tells me NEVER update your firmware but I am still going to update when DJI says they’re needed. He even tells me never update the DJI GO 4 app but I trust DJI more than I trust my friends advice. I think/hope their engineers know more about it than he does. ;);)

Reactions: HighlandsVideo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dseyna