DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery getting hot

AntonioRoques

Reactions
Hi, thanks for being there.

Excuse my English, I have a problem with both batteries of my Mavic Pro 2, with a full charge, after 20 to 22 minutes of fly when I take the drone home, the battery is very hot and the most concern to me it's that the battery has grown and unclipped from one side, I'm afraid because if I loose the battery in flight, game over, my batteries are damaged? Should I get new ones?

Thanks and best regards

...so the batteries are damaged and I need to get new ones?
Yes of course ... swelling is a clear sign of electrolyte decomposition which have generated gasses. The excessive heat you feel after using them is also a clear sign of a increased internal resistance which mean more heat & voltage drops during amp draw ... all this again speed up the electrolyte decomposition & even more gasses is created.

You have already been very lucky... the battery have barely stayed connected, if it swells a tad more the battery will be ejected & your drone falls as a rock.

Your batteries are permanent damaged... buy new ones before you loose your drone & perhaps damaging something or somebody in the process.

Last edited:

Excuse my English, I have a problem with both batteries of my Mavic Pro 2, with a full charge, after 20 to 22 minutes of fly when I take the drone home, the battery is very hot and the most concern to me it's that the battery has grown and unclipped from one side, I'm afraid because if I loose the battery in flight, game over, my batteries are damaged? Should I get new ones?

Thanks and best regards
What was the date of manufacture written on the batteries and how many charge cycles? There was a batch of bad batteries in 2018 and if yours is part of that batch DJI may replace them.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
What was the date of manufacture written on the batteries and how many charge cycles? There was a batch of bad batteries in 2018 and if yours is part of that batch DJI may replace them.

Very true, many here have had them replaced no questions, if in the possible bad date / serial number range.
Even fairly recently there have been posts here regarding this.

Some here might know offhand what the manufacturing dates etc are, but if you open up a ticket with DJI regarding possibly faulty batteries, they can advise quickly if yours are in the bad batch(es).

Reactions: dug611 and SkyeHigh
Very true, many here have had them replaced no questions, if in the possible bad date / serial number range.
Even fairly recently there have been posts here regarding this.

Some here might know offhand what the manufacturing dates etc are, but if you open up a ticket with DJI regarding possibly faulty batteries, they can advise quickly if yours are in the bad batch(es).
I believe it was Aug/Sep 2018 the same time I bought mine.

Thanks and best regards
Take them out of use immediately, you are lucky not to have lost your drone already.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Hola, gracias por estar ahí.

Disculpe mi inglés, tengo un problema con ambas baterías de mi Mavic Pro 2, con una carga completa, después de 20 a 22 minutos de vuelo cuando llevo el dron a casa, la batería está muy caliente y lo que más me preocupa es que el la bateria ha crecido y se ha soltado de un lado, tengo miedo porque si pierdo la bateria en vuelo, game over, se me estropean las baterias? ¿Debo conseguir unos nuevos?

Gracias y un saludo
Si la batería está inflada hay que cambiarla, es lo que dice el manual , pues tienes riesgo de perder el Dron y o explote en las manos. Si después del vuelo sigue caliente, retirala del Dron y si quieres seguir volando usa otra . Si esto sucede no la recarguen de inmediato, déjalo que se enfríe y la recargas el día anterior al próximo vuelo. Buen día

Si la batería está inflada hay que cambiarla, es lo que dice el manual, pues tienes riesgo de perder el Dron yo explote en las manos. Si después del vuelo sigue caliente, retirala del Dron y si quieres seguir volando usa otra. Si esto sucede no la recarguen de inmediato, déjalo que se enfríe y la recargas el día anterior al próximo vuelo. buen dia
Si estoy con el dron estático en casa realizado alguna actualización, siempre tengo la nave cerca de un mini ventilador.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000