DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery got suddenly flat!! Mavic air 2

Pierooooo87

Reactions
Battery fully charged showing on display 100% , after some time flying battery was 64% and suddenly got from 64% to 12%!! ??‍♂️??‍♂️!!

I was fly over the ocean and didn’t had time to fly it back because I had a critically low battery and drone was not responding to my command!

Fly data do not show that the battery was 100% but it says that the battery was 44% when I start the fly!

Is anyone had a similar issue/episode??

About a month ago I had something similar happen. My MA2, with about 15 charges on the battery, went from roughly 80% at takeoff to less than 30% after less than 5 minutes of flight and then went to under 10% within another minute. I initially thought the smart chip in the battery was miscalibrated or something until it dropped out of the sky about 300 meters away. Thankfully find my drone worked well for me. Since then I've kept an eye on my number 2 battery and only use that one up close but haven't had any issues since

We need manufacture dates on these "bad batteries"! There is suspicion of a "bad batch" in April...and one of my batts has an April manufacture date.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
When did you charge the battery?
If battery was not charged to 100%, or charged then used and stayed for a day, or charged weeks ago then indicated battery level will be incorrect

Reactions: Drone Views Media
Battery fully charged showing on display 100% , after some time flying battery was 64% and suddenly got from 64% to 12%!! ??‍♂️??‍♂️!!

I was fly over the ocean and didn’t had time to fly it back because I had a critically low battery and drone was not responding to my command!

Fly data do not show that the battery was 100% but it says that the battery was 44% when I start the fly!

Is anyone had a similar issue/episode??
Awe naw! Did you lose your drone i take it? ?
That really sucks hard buddy!

I hope some of the genius stuff i've seen @ work on here can show it was a problem with the drone and you can get another one. ?

Awe naw! Did you lose your drone i take it? ?
That really sucks hard buddy!

I hope some of the genius stuff i've seen @ work on here can show it was a problem with the drone and you can get another one. ?
Unless the drone was recovered that is not likely to happen even if the telemetry shows a fault with the drone or battery.

I had this EXACT same issue on my Mavic Air 1. First it happened to one battery, then the other 2. Eventually, all three batteries had an issue where suddenly 1 cell would "collapse." My advice is to use AirData to monitor the health of your batteries!!! Can't stress this enough.

My advice is to use AirData to monitor the health of your batteries!!! Can't stress this enough.
I have had this happen with my Mavic Air but looking back at every flight with that battery on AirData I can not find a clue that it was going to occur. I have flown the battery several times since out of curiosity at low altitudes over my back yard and it will fail most not all of the time soon after take-off. It shows no sign of swelling. The other two batteries that came with the combo have swollen.
AIrdata does show the manufacture date along with a lot of good data but it's something to always keep in mind.... If there is a deviation exceeding the limit you will get a Critically low battery popup and the drone will land! If you get to your drone soon enough the lights will be blinking and all appears to be normal. I think mine showed something like 75% battery remaining.

I have had this happen with my Mavic Air but looking back at every flight with that battery on AirData I can not find a clue that it was going to occur. I have flown the battery several times since out of curiosity at low altitudes over my back yard and it will fail most not all of the time soon after take-off. It shows no sign of swelling. The other two batteries that came with the combo have swollen.
AIrdata does show the manufacture date along with a lot of good data but it's something to always keep in mind.... If there is a deviation exceeding the limit you will get a Critically low battery popup and the drone will land! If you get to your drone soon enough the lights will be blinking and all appears to be normal. I think mine showed something like 75% battery remaining.
And you looked at the Battery Cells data page on AirData? No major deviations?

And you looked at the Battery Cells data page on AirData? No major deviations?
Not before the first occurrence. I have another Mavic Air battery that shows a cell deviation in the red for the entire flight on AirData and looking at the same data on the DJI GO4 during flight it shows in the green? I only use that battery on low and slow active flight mode on walks thru the desert knowing that the worst it could do is land within sight under semi control. I've probably made 50 or 60 flights that way. It doesn't give me complete peace of mind about my seemingly good batteries.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas