DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery in Drone or not.

NorbertG59

Reactions
Hi
I have three batteries with drone and just wondering if is advisable not to leave the one of the batteries in the drone when not in use or don't it matter,? Also in the DJI GO4 app under Battery there is a option of 1 to 10 days discharge, can anyone explain the meaning and best option in days

Regards

Hi
I have three batteries with drone and just wondering if is advisable not to leave the one of the batteries in the drone when not in use or don't it matter,? Also in the DJI GO4 app under Battery there is a option of 1 to 10 days discharge, can anyone explain the meaning and best option in days

Regards
I just did a search and found this
Seems like there's no problem leaving the battery in. Some drone companies have a safety policy where they won't have props on a drone while inside with a battery installed.

Reactions: NorbertG59
I don't think it matters, course there maybe other opinions...

The Intelligent Flight batteries for DJI drones will discharge over a course of several days as a matter of course to protect them.

If your talking long term as in 6 month to a year I would say no, batteries can swell for a number of reasons and get stuck in the drone. Other than that your good.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

wondering if is advisable not to leave the one of the batteries in the drone when not in use or don't it matter
DJI stores batteries in drones for quite some time sometimes as their products are shipped to stores and they sit on shelves. But, if there is no reason to keep a battery in your drone, then removing it when you're done flying is certainly a scenario that will never have any negative side effects.

in the DJI GO4 app under Battery there is a option of 1 to 10 days discharge, can anyone explain the meaning and best option in days
The batteries will start to auto discharge down to the storage level when that selected day has been reached. If you want to keep your batteries fully charged for 3 days (for example), then you wouldn't want to set that setting to 1 day.

Thank you all

Fully understand all know,

Happy Flying

Interesting question. Never gave it a second thought and always leave mine in the drone while storing/transporting.

Reactions: chiangmaicharlies
Ask pointed out, I agree about when I received my drones in the box from DJI there is a battery all ready in the drone. I know the drone is in hibernation state, but still these drones could be sitting on the shelf for years as far as we know. So in theory it should be fine to leave a battery in the drone.

Always best practice to remove after flight and during storage then keep inside a fire/explosion proof pouch. These fit in the Flymore kit bags neatly. The smart batteries generally discharge to around 67% after 5 days then reduce thereafter. If storing for a long time 20-30% works well for me but never less than 20%

Not sure if I am doing the right things but I always remove the batteries from my drones. I have nine batteries and I log which battery I have used every time I fly. Even if I have not used a battery for a while I charge them at least every 10-12 weeks. They are always stored and charged in fire proof "pockets" in a cool location.
Perhaps I am being over cautious but my job for forty years was as a Safety Manager in the construction industry and its very difficult to get out of that mind set. Too often I saw the consquences of someone taking a chance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000