DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mini 3 pro leaving battery in

thomasoes

Reactions
Hi all. I dont feel happy about leaving the battery in the drone and dont want to leave it out as I am worried something could get in the drone.Its a pity DJI didnt make a dummy battery that could be left in the drone .
Do all our members leave the battery in the mini 3 pro.I know they are stored in the boxes like this for delivery.

🎅merry christmas

I know they are stored in the boxes like this for delivery
Yep -- and in the box sitting on shelves for quite some time too.

Why not remove the battery and store the drone in a case to keep it safe/clean?

Reactions: vindibona1
I've had 4 drones and never thought about removing the battery for storage. But as @msinger said, if you want to remove the battery put the drone in a case that doesn't have particulates thrown around inside and everything should be fine. Most DJI batteries today are "intelligent batteries", meaning they will self discharge after a period of time so they don't hold a damaging full charge until you fly it or deplete it some other way. There really shouldn't be a problem just leaving a battery in the drone. As long as the contacts in the drone stay clean there shouldn't be any issues.

I‘ll remove a battery to charge it and I also pull them after use to let them cool down.
Otherwise they are in the aircraft or the case with the other components.

Reactions: dirkclod
Same here and keep a tad of DeoxIT on my terminal’s and occasionally spray a small shot of QD electronic cleaner in the battery hole. Have been doing it for years and have never had
any issues. 👍

The power switch is on the battery itself so you don't have to worry about any draw from the drone with the battery in unlike some devices that draw a trickle current to keep a clock running or some memory fresh or whatever.

Hi all. I dont feel happy about leaving the battery in the drone and dont want to leave it out as I am worried something could get in the drone.Its a pity DJI didnt make a dummy battery that could be left in the drone .
Do all our members leave the battery in the mini 3 pro.I know they are stored in the boxes like this for delivery.

🎅merry christmas
I think that would be the least of my worries - if at all.

The power switch is on the battery itself so you don't have to worry about any draw from the drone with the battery in unlike some devices that draw a trickle current to keep a clock running or some memory fresh or whatever.
Exactly. The battery is a complicated electronic device in its own right. Better termed a power supply, it powers on and off. When off, there are no electrical signals or voltages on any of the contacts. There is absolutely no risk of extra drain, or damage to the drone from leaving the battery inserted. In fact, if you only have one battery, don't ever take it out, just charge it in the drone.

It's better to leave it in for all the cleanliness reasons cited here.

I have yet to take the battery out since I bought it months ago. Only charging by the usb c port.

The issue with the mini2 battery was fixed with a firmware update some time ago.

Did you check where the power switch is? On every dji mini (1, 2, 3, 3p) that I've seen the power switch has been on the drone and not on the battery.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
Did you check where the power switch is? On every dji mini (1, 2, 3, 3p) that I've seen the power switch has been on the drone and not on the battery.
I guess I was going by the non mini birds.

Reactions: scro

🎅merry christmas
Late reply. I have 4 batteries for my M3P. One stays in the drone always and the other three stay in the charger. Everything including McDavid filters and charging cable stay nicely stored in the DJI bag. Also, all connectors are protected from dust and unsuspecting impact and kept clean…no oxidation. 🥸
🇨🇦👍

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne