DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery in Mavic Pro

Always have a battery in but I don't really "store" it for long. I try to fly every day if the weather allows.

Reactions: Former Member
Always have a battery in but I don't really "store" it for long. I try to fly every day if the weather allows.

Yes, if you fly every day, you dont have much "in drone" battery storage time.

By the way, this is a good thread. Over the winter, if storing for a while (more than a month), you really need to cycle the battery anyway to increase its longevity. If not being used for a while, it might be a good idea to store the battery outside of the drone. Lipos can expand and contract, especially when subjected to extreme temperatures, so leaving it in the drone for weeks at a time in extreme weather could hurt the battery and the drone. If a battery expands too much, it could warp the top body, and then any battery you put in after that might not snap in as well. I have seen it happen on Mavics, and even worse on Phantoms.

Reactions: WAXMAN and sea157
Don’t the batteries self discharge to 50% if not used for 10 days or so?
Yes, they will start auto discharging down to the storage level after 10 days (the default setting) or whatever you have set here in DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Battery-Time-To-Discharge.jpg

Reactions: WAXMAN
Don’t the batteries self discharge to 50% if not used for 10 days or so? I’m in Cornwall uk and not flown for for over 2 weeks because of rain and windy weather, when I checked my batteries, all had dipped down to 50-75% charge.
Me too. They regularly drain down slowly when I can't fly.
Will be flying mine at Daymer Bay in a couple of weeks Glenboy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aidiophilifix